Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
ADMIN PLEASE NOTE: Forum issues
  • 621 Comments sorted by
  • BB, not heard of anyone else with posting problems, so not sure. Does the 'post comment' button just fail to do anything?

I wondered if I had upset someone. It feels like going back 20 years with the 1 GB Viglan I had. Coupled with pre broadband. I can post from my iPhone using a microscope. Maybe I need glasses.

• BigBird said:

BB, not heard of anyone else with posting problems, so not sure. Does the 'post comment' button just fail to do anything?

I wondered if I had upset someone. It feels like going back 20 years with the 1 GB Viglan I had. Coupled with pre broadband. I can post from my iPhone using a microscope. Maybe I need glasses.

@-) <------ misty eyed nostalgic flashback
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • BB, no way that you're logged out, right?
  • I still cant post pictures from my own photos only ones copied from say Facebook or off Google etc. Want to put a couple of my Anna Calvi pics in the relevant thread but just doesnt let me  :-((
  • You have to host the pics somewhere (eg Tumblr, Photobucket or Flikr etc) and you link to their new home.

The reason for this is that Goldfrapp pay bandwidth bills for the forum, if they hosted the pics (as well as paying for storage), they'd be paying for the Gigabytes of data that would be moving from their server.

"Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I want you to be able to post some Anna pics.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Bliiiiiimey, that was a bit mental! @-)

Just vetted and declined 456 registration attempts (!), absolutely none of which were real squishy human type things. Had to read through them all just to discover that none were real ones so I didn't really need to after all.
  • Ah, that felt nice.

Just approved a couple of human beings with ears (probably) and a desire to join (definitely)

Genuine thanks to them for making checking the "Applicants" admin section a bit more fun amongst the spam-attempting rest :)
  • It sucks that we seem to have lost the ability to bookmark particular threads.
  • It sucks that we seem to have lost the ability to bookmark particular threads.

Just tried it , it works , you must have borked your computer / the net .
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

• Sartori said:

It sucks that we seem to have lost the ability to bookmark particular threads.

I used to use the button on the "All Discussions" page that showed up on every thread.  That is gone.  So, how did you bookmark.  And, I mean the bookmarks that correlate to the top of the "All Discussions" page that says "My bookmarks".  That is, I'm not talking about a browser bookmark but a Goldfrapp bookmark that will allow me to list only those discussions that I have voted for on a single page/tab.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-10-03 18:32:43

• Sartori said:

It sucks that we seem to have lost the ability to bookmark particular threads.

I used to use the button on the "All Discussions" page that showed up on every thread.  That is gone.  So, how did you bookmark.  And, I mean the bookmarks that correlate to the top of the "All Discussions" page that says "My bookmarks".  That is, I'm not talking about a browser bookmark but a Goldfrapp bookmark that will allow me to list only those discussions that I have voted for on a single page/tab.

My button (the star) is still there . 

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-10-03 18:57:15
  • Yeah, just scroll up to the top of a thread (any page) and there is a star to the right of the title. Click that and it turns pink and sets that thread as a bookmarked one. That's the only way I thought it could be done.
  • Thanks, guys!  No, one used to be able to do it from the thread list page, as well.  I think it was called "favorite" or something.
  •  I didn`t think there were enough threads being used to warrant its use (for myself that is) . I did expect more people would join after the albums release but it doesn`t appear so , there are only a few making posts that I find interesting as it is (not to be rude about posts but I speed-ignore "me too" and "lol" comments) .
     I personally don`t think the new forum has engaged enough traction with enough "content posters" to generate an ongoing dialogue other than general small talk (which doesn`t interest me - that`s not a comment about it , that`s just my personal preference) . We`ll see . I don`t think the band are helping with the "Official Secrets Act" about news going on .

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!