Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
ADMIN PLEASE NOTE: Forum issues
  • 621 Comments sorted by
  • Right - it's done.

The registration anti-spam measures have been kicked up a level and tested.

In theory (yeah, yeah, I know!) no new spam bots should be able to join and post without us stopping them first.

There may be dormant ones in the system but if they rear their heads and get chomped they can't then get back in again.

We're finding our feet on this step but it should be better and cut down the silliness.

Should. Might. Could.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • fingers crossed it does the trick!  [-O<
  • ping said:

fingers crossed it does the trick!  [-O<

There's bound to be evil anti-anti-spam tricks they'll try but let's hope along with you!
  • Good news there, thanks for your efforts Carpathian and Halloween Jack.
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Nice to know you guys are on top of it.
  • Right - it's done.

The registration anti-spam measures have been kicked up a level and tested.

Since Carpy made the switch (about 8pm) we've had 48 applicants... all spambots. It's actually slightly easier to "decline" them than the "delete user" process was. Plus of course the board in general never has to witness their grisly presence. Looking like a good move...
  • silly question, but how do you know when it's a spam bot and not a real person? I am just curious ;)
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • ^ No, that's a good question! Sending you a PM.
  • There's still one spamming about Football, its all across the board ;)
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I've chomped 170 so far today alone but, happily, 1 real new human user was there too.

Looks like we timed it perfectly at raising the gates - it could have been a real train crash!
  • Sartori said:

There's still one spamming about Football, its all across the board ;)

Sorry.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • cw36frapp said:

Sartori said:

There's still one spamming about Football, its all across the board ;)

Sorry.

That wasn't a serious point , I fall asleep before I can read them anyway ;)
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Oh i know you was joking. But i do go on about the Reds a bit too much both on here and everywhere i go. If it does bug anyone i apologise. GOLDFRAPP + LFC = THE 2 BEST THINGS IN LIFE.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • That was close - just saw 173 registrations waiting for authority, of which 172 were spambots.

Highlighted them, wasn't concentrating while talking at work and almost pushed 'approve' rather than 'decline'.

Might have been a busy morning on here! :-\"
  • If y'all have "the power" (woohoooo!), it might be a good idea to change the default category for discussions to "off-topic".  That way, you wouldn't inadvertently get off-topic discussions in "Goldfrapp News".

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!