Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 327 Comments sorted by
  • folklore said:

I did think that show was a bit patronising? But I'm going to check it out.

I thought it sounded patronising - but James Rhodes is so humble, and has genuine empathy, having suffered so much himself, I was completely won over.

I cried (mind you, Im a bit over-emotional atm)
  • I've been crying at loads lately. I even cried at Kate getting harassed by that demon on Paranormal Activity.

Also confession time! I have never had fun. Ever. I am always self aware.
    When I watched Annie Hall for the first time when I was 12 it made me realise I wasn't the only one worrying about black holes at such an early age. I think Annie Hall is the one with the black holes bit.

Maybe it's to do with growing up in poverty and something always to be stressed about but fun is something that will never come to me. Maybe. Life is a struggle and not to be enjoyed is all I have learned.
  • @folklore - I'm not sure if you saw my other post but I wrote something very similar just now.  You're not alone.
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • folklore said:

I wasn't the only one worrying about black holes at such an early age.

My father is an amateur astronomer. When I was around five, he tried to explain the Universe and the notion of eternity to me, the immensity of the sun and gas giants, the distance to the nearest star, etc. Throughout my youth, not only would I'd cry just thinking about it, but for many years, while lying in bed, I would have strange, frightening visions of the enormousness of time/space/being overcoming me and passing me by. Does that make sense?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Thanks mode_d :)

iuventus, you hit the nail on the head.
  • Which nail is that?
  • a big fat one?

• Oh, I thought I'd missed the main idea or something. If it was big, that explains how I hit it.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2013-07-26 20:16:55
  • I'm confused. all I mean was it totally meant sense what you wrote! :D

Sometimes...I have little fears that the laws of the universe will change in an instant? How do we know if it's set in stone, no one does so I worry. But then I watch a duck on a pond and I am sedated.
  • It's not set in stone; however, you won't notice when it does change. I guess you could say we're programmed to adapt instantaneously to shifts in the paradigm. There are glitches though. Ever have one of those moments when you swore it had been just so different?
  • Not really, though I'm not sure what you mean.
     I've suffered from deja vu since a young age, it died down in late teens, that's enough to make you feel out of place, it's a disturbing experience.

• I guess you're lucky then.
  • You know what: I will delete this so people won't get accidentally offended when I referred to coping mechanisms for dealing with mental health issues.
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-07-27 05:47:46
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • St Johns Wort

Bach Remedies

Valerian

All worth a try

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • @Stranger:
    You probably don't mean it that way, but do you have any idea how patronising that all sounds to someone suffering from a chronical mental illness?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!