Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 327 Comments sorted by
  • Thank you Carpy,

I don't know what came over me. The mood slowly build up over an evening then hit me next day full force! I wish it was consistent.
  • folklore said:

Thank you Carpy,

I don't know what came over me. The mood slowly build up over an evening then hit me next day full force! I wish it was consistent.

The good bit ('good' being a relative term in this case, of course!) is that you recognised the signs that evening.

Not realising is far worse.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I suppose so I think if one has the right tools they can stop it.

Today and yesterday and day before that have all been bad days. I feel heavy in my head,
    lots of stress and dunno about "coping"
  • folklore said:

I suppose so I think if one has the right tools they can stop it.

Today and yesterday and day before that have all been bad days. I feel heavy in my head,
    lots of stress and dunno about "coping"

To be honest I don't think it's ever really a case of stopping it but more that once you realise it's there you can try and compartmentalise it away from being part of you, It helped me a lot but I'd never presume to say it'll do so for everybody else though - just offering it out there.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • When I feel heavy in the head as you say I try to occupy myself on other things such as going for a walk , doing stuff in the garden etc. change of scenery helps me but don't know how your really feeling of course. If things are too bad just say on here as people will help as they worry and we all look after each other on here. Just say :)
  • I have been feeling a bit wrung out over the past few months and
    a few things had started to get the better of me. redundancies at work etc etc.....and I
    had got it in my head that I should try and get myself out there so to
    speak and went on a couple of dates (bleurghhh..... hate that word) They
    sort of went better than I thought they would under the circumstances,, although  weirdly I seemed to
    make an impression on one of the guys after only meeting him once and he/it got rather oppressive so had to step back from that and that has
    now left me totally confused, exhausted, bewildered and missing my other half more
    than ever......so I guess that maybe I was not as ready as I had once
    though. 
    Post edited by Cervus at 2013-07-22 16:58:50
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • :(

Still healing...?
  • It is a very slow process....so many people said to me a few months afterwards   'Have you found someone else yet?' as if we had split up and just gone our separate ways.....had that been the case there would have been some element of choice involved however all choices were removed under the circumstances that developed and that makes it a totally different ball game even though I am now nearly three years down the line. I also have to consider Alice as I have to tread carefully around her as she is at such a difficult age I would hate her to think that I was trying to replace her Dad as nobody would be able to. My feelings for him will never change.
    Post edited by Cervus at 2013-07-22 17:06:54
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Your friends have good intentions but they won't quite get your depth of feeling...

:)
  • Yes they do have good intentions and it is difficult for them too as on the one hand you don't want people treading on eggshells around you yet sometimes the wrong comment at the wrong time however well meaning just makes you dissolve. It is tragic that my sister has also gone through the same thing but at least we can both understand where we are coming from and how the feelings hit us when we least expect them.
  • ^"...feelings hit us when we least expect them"

Exactly Cervus. *hug*

Does anyone feel like the slightest thing can spiral them downwards? Things just affect me quite badly and I let it out in irritability, anger, annoyance.

• ^
    Yes I'm afraid I let my feelings out with anger and ranting, usually quite trivial stuff which others must find funny but to me it's important. It's just knowing when to stop I find hard X(
  • I have a daily battle with poor self-esteem....

I don't mind admitting I compare myself to other guys constantly.... Thinking stuff like... "I wish I was you" or "why can't I be built like you?"....

Stupid really but I do it constantly...
  • You'll learn all about that in Intro to Gay Psychology.

Meanwhile, know that you're not alone:

If I were dead, could I do this?
  • @folklore thanks  :) and @folklore + @bells I can understand exactly what you both mean.  I then start to wonder if I am taking aim and getting angry at tiny things as a diversion for something larger that I should be dealing with and I am avoiding but at other times it is literally just that tiny thing that gets me wound up. Makes me feel like Sheldon in B.B.Theory this similarity at times has been pointed out at work....lol maybe I should be worried......

@chokka the self esteem monster is a horrible creature too and is very good at undermining the wonderful qualities that people have and that others see and as @iuventus clearly states we are not alone. :)
    Post edited by Cervus at 2013-07-24 09:43:20

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!