Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 327 Comments sorted by
  • Yeah, hugs, Carpy!  A cup of tea and a piece of cake?  May I suggest chocolate/pecan?
  • Currently having a bit of a dip.

Are you on pain killers, Crp?
    Post edited by iuventus at 2013-07-31 21:16:58
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Exactly why i've pretty much left this place. Since the shift there seems to now be a select few who feel the need to reply to everything with some snarky remark or make a joke out of anything and everything anyone says regardless of what it actually is, some piece of news or something deeply personal, it's all a joke to them. So you're always questioning what you post, or don't post as the case is. And if you bother trying to remark back you just get a flood of anger
    directed squarely at you and some nice PM's just to make sure you get
    the message this is their juvenile playground now. Balls to it, take my advice, leave for a week or so and you'll notice a difference in your mood, sad because this used to be a great place but unfortunately it's just the truth of it now.
  • If you're talking about my post, Rewak, I wasn't joking at all. I thought that a doctor might have prescribed pain meds for his back issues. In that case, there might be an actual medical explanation for his low spirits. Often, people on narcotics, or other medications, don't immediately make the connection between the medication and the mood. If he had said that he was, indeed, taking pain killers, I would have reminded him that his current low would likely take care of itself when the physical malady had been remedied.

If that kind of concern is considered snarky, I'm at a loss. If you weren't directing your comments at me, then I've finished my dialogue before getting a response from Carpy.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2013-08-01 01:14:33
  • I wasn't talking about you or your post at all, but you have sort of just demonstrated my point. That's the problem around here that i'm talking about, everyones so high up on the defensive that they're right there on you if you say something they consider even very remotely petulant, it's not a good atmosphere and it makes everything incredibly tense. Before there was this common ground, you felt free to say anything because no one took anything personally unless it was point blank directed at them, now on this place everyone thinks every post is about them and defend it near viciously.
  • I wasn't really feeling defensive. I was just wanted clarification because your post came immediately after mine--without addressing anyone in particular--and I noticed that my bare bones question could have been taken the wrong way quite easily. Even if I had been convinced that you were out to get me, I would only have replied because I really admire Carpy and I wouldn't want him to think that I was mocking his emotional state. I'm far to tired to be vicious at the moment. Did I really present myself so?

Maybe we're each thinking too deeply about what each other is posting.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2013-08-01 01:14:44
  • I am getting very frustrated( sorry not really the right word) at how personally everyone seems to take things. I know that I had my outburst at the 'reflective surface' a while back which I am not in the least bit proud of. We have all been through some level of heartache or health issue be it mental or otherwise (myself included as is well documented in this thread already) Please for everyone's sake can we try and just be less defensive and more tolerant. There has been so much drama here in the past few weeks Frapp related and otherwise! I suppose I am not surprised that tensions have run a little high at times....in theory we should all be here for the same reason (hope I don't need to explain what THAT is :) ) It is often very difficult to express feelings in text unless you are a master of it and I really hope this message does not get anyone's backs up as that is honestly not my intention at all. I come here because it is a fun place to be (generally) and I would hate for it to all implode to the point that people don't feel like they can deal with even 'setting foot' in this space. This is prob just a load of old twaddle that I have written anyway as I am too tired and had a horrific migraine so I am very wooly too....nothing new there...I hear you all cry!!! ;);););)

Hugs to Carpy though ((Massive Hugs))
    Post edited by Cervus at 2013-08-01 01:46:33
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • I actually appreciate the comment, because I feel awkward attempting to give encouragement to people because

a) It could seem sort of patronizing, even with the best intentions
    b) Once you start, how do you skip someone without feeling like they are "left out"?

So, this seems a good point to exit the "hope you feel better" campaign.  I won't even feel bad about it now, since it has been so downtrodden!  The same goes for any suggestions in the way of mental health.  I'm not sure they are appreciated, either, so I'll end that, as well.

In closing, whoever feels bad in any way in the future, hope you feel better soon!

Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-08-01 15:09:50
  • Again no, it wasn't you i was talking about. I think we've only had that one argument on the forum and that was all me, i exploded at you and i apologise for that, it was that incident that made me realise just what this place was becoming and what being here was doing to me. I didn't single out anyone in my post, in fact i did the opposite saying it was multiple people, i deliberately made the comment general because i knew people would take it as a singular personal slight against them, defend themselves against a statement not directed at them, and prove my point. I think iueventus hit the nail on the head, everyones taking everyone elses statements too deeply.
  • rewak said:

Again no, it wasn't you i was talking about.

Wow!  All points taken.  Thanks even more for proving me wrong!  Woohooo!  I'd delete the post, except you really did do me a favor by letting me get myself out of an awkward situation.  Well, found a way to edit the comment, anyways....
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-08-01 15:10:12
  • I'd also like to clarify that my post wasn't having a pop at individual users on here but, in my case, it's down to such stupidly low self esteem and confidence at the moment that I'd be thinking that even on a perfectly happy clappy board. That's why it was posted in this thread and not in the 'how are you feeling' thread.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I am always impressed with your clear thinking, Carpy.  Case in point.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-08-02 10:23:23
  • I start out with good intentions but the end result can be a multitude of things!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • It always comes out well in the end, Crp.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2013-08-02 10:49:52
  • I start out with good intentions but the end result can be a multitude of things!

You and me both, however I don't tend to keep going until I get back to the original point after going around the houses more times than I like to mention. :)

'' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!