Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 327 Comments sorted by
  • Ouch. My heart goes out to you, Cervus and Bells. Although I posted my own personal maintenance plan above, I probably think that the most helpful thing in a forum like this is that it makes a tiny break in the wall of silence and isolation. Maybe it shows that you can find a compassionate response in unexpected places?
  • You know what: I will delete this so people won't get accidentally offended when I referred to coping mechanisms for dealing with mental health issues.
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-07-27 05:53:25
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • ^cheers, Stranger. The hard bit is actually doing it of course. In my current state (just out of hospital and housebound with multiple fractures), Im getting plenty of chance to practice what I preach!
  • You know what: I will delete this so people won't get accidentally offended when I referred to coping mechanisms for dealing with mental health issues.
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-07-27 05:53:37
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Thanks Stranger. As I moaned in anther thread, I came off my mountain bike about 3 and a half weeks ago, and have multiple fractures of the neck and shaft of my femur and a lot of knee damage.

Possibly I should have paid more attention earlier in the year when I a) fractured my cheekbone, then b) separated my shoulder.

So yeah, anyone wanna buy a bike?

Will exchange for Zimmer frame with go faster stripes.

(hope your spinal injury is ok now, that sounds nasty)
  • A good idea for a thread, I think there's a lot of frankness and honesty here. It cant be easy typing about it on a msg board. Ive only known about MH issues through seeing friends family and colleagues go through stuff and how they got treated (by NHS, employers, life in general).

I was quite concerned once when I went to the docs with tension headaches, I had problems at home and some stress at work which could have caused em. But he wanted to throw some antiDs at me and kept asking me if I felt depressed. I dont think I was but how the the fuck would you know if yd not had something before? I decided he was a twat and declined his kind offer. I found physio ob my neck and mild muscle relaxants help. God I sleep well on em anyways.
    Post edited by thathurt at 2013-06-27 17:17:46
  • Sorry to hear bout your accident whisperit, no wonder you cant go to the MIF gig. Hope your mended soon. Btw if anyone needs a rollator I genuinely have one available, used once. No zimmers im afraid. Ya can put your shopping in a rollaror anyway.
    Post edited by thathurt at 2013-06-27 17:23:40
  • I'd never advocate violence of any sort, especially against animals, but I currently have my own personal black dog in a headlock and trying to force a muzzle on him. Frankly, it's a bloody struggle and it's teeth are always sharper than you remember.

No, I'm not making light of things but it's the only way I can refer to my situation at the moment so I'm just going with it. Coping rather than dealing seems to be my way at the moment.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I'm also not ignoring the other posts above mine but I need to be in a better place myself before i read through them. Hope that makes sense to people and they don't feel skipped over.
  • ^No probs, Carpie. There does come a point when its just impossible to give time to another's pain ie when you've got a great big black dog muching on your leg.

Dogs, anyway. I hate 'em.

Love to you

x
  • In opposition of the nasty dog I send a happy cuddly cat.

• whisperit said:

^No probs, Carpie. There does come a point when its just impossible to give time to another's pain ie when you've got a great big black dog muching on your leg.

It's not so much the giving time - I've always got that for people - but more that when I do so I want to do their posts justice. Just seems to be a bit more respectful to really give them a good read if going to chime in.

You're right all the same though, of course.
  • folklore said:

In opposition of the nasty dog I send a happy cuddly cat.

BLLLLLEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!! :D
  • really feel like I'm on the edge at the minute! Just cannot stand how much guilt I have for feeling like this and how I'm "not allowed" to.
  • folklore said:

really feel like I'm on the edge at the minute! Just cannot stand how much guilt I have for feeling like this and how I'm "not allowed" to.

I think that was (and is) the one big step I've made in the last year or so. Understanding that you aren't your mental health issues and learning to spot that things are stating to build up gives me chance to consciously reinforce for myself that I shouldn't have that guilt as, frankly, it's not me being that way on purpose.

It takes a while, folkie, but I hope that little bit by little bit you might get there too.

It's never easy, even now, but it can be easier. All the best.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!