Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 530 Comments sorted by
  • Vampire Weekend were just marvellous =D>

• Second week on the trot 'Imagine' is featuring a photographer.  Tonight it's Don McCullin.  BBC1, 22:35 tonight. :-bd
  • Anyone else watching The Returned? (Carpy and Lisa, I know, are. Or at least were.)
    4 episodes in and it's still got me in its grip. VERY Twin Peaks-y.

• Am I right in thinking 'The Returned' is about dead people coming back to life but not in a stereotypical zombie way?
  • ^ Yes! And they all speak in French, which, I accept, may not be up everyone's allez.
  • ^ Yes! And they all speak in French, which, I accept, may not be up everyone's allez.

That might be because they are in France, rather than because they are Le Zombie :D

Yes, still wonderful - just teasing enough new info each week to keep me intrigued but not too much as to give everything away.
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-07-03 07:20:09
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Latest Hannibal.

Eight episodes in and still the best new American series for quite some time.

To these eyes it's not put a foot wrong yet.
  • Latest Hannibal.

I have to catch up--as in from the beginning--on this one. Even my mother's pushing me to watch it.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • iuventus said:

Latest Hannibal.

I have to catch up--as in from the beginning--on this one. Even my mother's pushing me to watch it.

For once, amongst the hype, it actually is that good. I'd say it's worth the effort.
  • As a school teacher, it's difficult for me to set aside a specific time during the week to watch a specific show. Nor do I have cable or a satellite dish, let alone DVR-TiVo capabilities; so, tv series fandom becomes a problem for me.
  • iuventus said:

As a school teacher, it's difficult for me to set aside a specific time during the week to watch a specific show. Nor do I have cable or a satellite dish, let alone DVR-TiVo capabilities; so, tv series fandom becomes a problem for me.

Hmmm, that would make it tough.

Is this going to be a case of utterly avoid it now then a box-set later? Seems like the better option out of sadly few.
  • The few cable shows I watch, I do so at my sister's house during vacations (She keeps them fresh for me on DVR.) or I rent the DVDs.
  • Almost unbearably closely-matched Wimbledon final. Brilliant stuff!
  • Almost unbearably closely-matched Wimbledon final. Brilliant stuff!

It disturbs me that Djokovic makes noises like the Cadburys Parrot when he serves and returns
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!