Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 530 Comments sorted by
  • When I say "disturbs" , I mean amuses
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Watching the men's final on the gogglebox but in the garden. I'm sweating more than Murray! #-o
  • YEEEEEESSSSSS!!!! A Wimbledon champ after 77 years. So pleased for Andy Murray. Who knows, another year maybe it will be Laura Robson. =D>
  • Julia Bradbury's Icelandic Walks. It's fab. Would love to go.
  • Bells said:

Julia Bradbury's Icelandic Walks. It's fab. Would love to go.

Watching it too - have seen it about five times now and my envy doesn't get any easier.

My Salomon boots think I'm teasing them and they're not best pleased,
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Bells said:

A Wimbledon champ after 77 years.

Isn't that kinda old to be playing tennis???
    :\">
  • Bells said:

Julia Bradbury's Icelandic Walks. It's fab. Would love to go.

Watching it too - have seen it about five times now and my envy doesn't get any easier.

My Salomon boots think I'm teasing them and they're not best pleased,

She did a show where she went to parts of the Rhine and Bavaria and up to a famous schloss and it was just beautiful. Lucky devil!
  • Bells said:

A Wimbledon champ after 77 years.

Isn't that kinda old to be playing tennis???
    :\">

Hee,hee. We have to use the old folks in this country as the "yoof" are too bloody lazy /:)
  • Bells said:

Hee,hee. We have to use the old folks in this country as the "yoof" are too bloody lazy /:)

Just more mental gymnastics than physical...
  • Bells said:

YEEEEEESSSSSS!!!! A Wimbledon champ after 77 years.

Well, unless you consider Virginia Wade, champion of 1977--also from Great Britain.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2013-07-09 19:30:24
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • ^
    Yes I'd fallen into the trap like the press in this country of not making it clear "male" champion for 77 years. Virginia Wade was last Brit to win singles but women obviously have been forgotten :-<
    Post edited by Hells_Bells at 2013-07-10 15:02:34
  •  Andy will need new sponsors , he used to be sponsored by Pritt-Stick as they`re "both great on paper but shit on anything else"
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Anyone else watching The Returned? (Carpy and Lisa, I know, are. Or at least were.)
    4 episodes in and it's still got me in its grip. VERY Twin Peaks-y.

me too, i'm loving it. i love it right from the opening titles, just beautiful and creepy all together.

i've set sky+ for 'top of the lake' on saturday, anyone else planning on watching that? looks really good, its a mini series by jane campion. also i've set sky ready for 'run' next week. looking forward to that too.
  • ping said:

Anyone else watching The Returned? (Carpy and Lisa, I know, are. Or at least were.)
    4 episodes in and it's still got me in its grip. VERY Twin Peaks-y.

me too, i'm loving it. i love it right from the opening titles, just beautiful and creepy all together.

Still enjoying every last minute of it. Every episode sets up new questions AND fills in the gaps from previous ones but not in a rubbish way. Add in the perfectly pitched Mogwai soundtrack and it's win-win.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • ping said:

i've set sky+ for 'top of the lake' on saturday, anyone else planning on watching that? looks really good, its a mini series by jane campion. also i've set sky ready for 'run' next week. looking forward to that too.

Im watching TotL now. Seems well done so far, but I think Im going to find it too upsetting.
    Always my downfall with anything involving violence.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!