Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 222 Comments sorted by
  • if Donald Trump wins i will be suicidal in january 2017

just an fyi

that goldfrapp album and #TwinPeaks2017 will be the only things keeping me alive 

not kidding
  • I'd consider moving to Guernsey or Jersey.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Got it, UT.  You're not against Muslims.  You're against Muslim fanatics or Christian fanatics or whatever other reason they want to use to foment destabilization and chaos.  I'm telling you.  We need a flag for civilization.  We need to emphasize the point that it's more about using your wit rather than your strength, your intelligence rather than your brute force.  Most countries try the brute force approach.  Civilization needs to use the forces of peer pressure, derision, and non-participation in the foibles of misanthropic mankind.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2016-07-28 20:20:18
  • Listening power. Sometimes people just want to be heard.
  • i mean i have no family
    i don't talk to my white trash evangelical racist mother and brother
    i have no partner
    i have not children
    and i'm immune compromised

it would be super easy

this is how hopeless i truly feel about the world right now

i'm just brave enough to say it 

• You've got us Stevil. It's all the family I've got too. But I chose em.
  • ISIS hates the entire world.
    The entire world hates ISIS.
    People keep banging on about how we're on the road to a WWIII. But to be honest, we don't need to be turning on eachother.
    Every single nation on earth has a common enemy with these fanatics. What people can't seem to understand is that it's not Muslims in 2016 that are evil. Nor was it the Jewish in the 20th century, or Christians, or Catholics, or Protestants... it's endless.
    It's the fanatics amongst them that are the real danger. It will forever be this way.
    We should all be uniting together to put a stop to these terrorists. Am I naive in thinking this way? That it would be much easier with the entire world's forces against them?
    Yet instead the solution is to leave long lasting unions, close borders, elect a yellow haired megalomaniac and live in fear and hatred.

Again, I have to ask, am I naive or ignorant for thinking there's a better way?

• KatRobin said:

You've got us Stevil. It's all the family I've got too. But I chose em.

:x
  • Low said:

It will forever be this way.

Again, I have to ask, am I naive or ignorant for thinking there's a better way?

That is the most dangerous preconception in existence.

Yeah, there is a better way.
  • I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Lol. Seems to me that those who want to hasten Brexit want to do so because they don't understand the complexities of it and never did, while those who want to delay want to think of the plan that they hadn't devised in the first place. What a farce.
  • I read something rather worrying on the internet. There is a possible concern that ISIS will be targeting the world cup next on their hit list. I think this plot has been foiled by senior police detectives. 

I do actually fear for my life when I get on the trains these days. I'm viewing everybody with suspicion (its hard not to) and sit as near to the train doors as possible s that I can practically dive out. I get very bad anxiety. Its the same as sitting on a plane. Lately I feel extremely nervous and cant wait for touch down.

The only thing I can say is that Britain needs to have more control of who it lets in and out of its borders. 

Sadly I think its too late to turn the clock back on the decision that has been made.

Post edited by serenity52 at 2017-10-26 09:30:12
  • Statistically, the risk of death from terrorism in the U.K. renains very low. Less people have been killed in the U.K. this decade than were killed in the gun attack in Las Vegas recently. That is the whole point of terrorism Serenity, the fear it spreads makes you alter your way of life and stop doing things. That's the terror part.
    We were at far greater risk in the 70's and 80's during the Northern Ireland problems than we are now.
    Just relax, be vigilant at all times but most importantly, enjoy yourself.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!