Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • dear goldfrapp
    the Wicca spells didn't work

• 222 Comments sorted by
  • Don't worry; she's brought out the big guns: Poppies!

If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Goodbye and thanks for all the Scots and possibly Irish
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Tonight, at least, it was thanks for all the scotch...
  • Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!
    Such a close result, there's going to be division in this country now on so many levels. And Farage's comment about " not a bullet being fired" ....hugely, hugely inappropriate comment to make.
    I'm ashamed frankly that there are clearly so many xenophobes in this country and so many seeking division.
    I'm not going to rant further...just two things to add..
    Stevil- we don't know which way Alison's thoughts lay, do we? But I'll be concocting some nasty herbal spells and making poppets in the shape of Gove and Farage later...grrrrr!!
    And the referendum conspiracy theories?! No. I'm not THAT stupid!
  • KatRobin said:

Such a close result, there's going to be division in this country now on so many levels.

The Motherland is starting to look more like US every day!

As for Alison...

If I were dead, could I do this?
  • "Voters in the UK are shedding the pounds with this one simple trick"
  • LMAO the Scotch 

• this is the rise of white supremacy
    the last stand
    and apparently they are winning

watch Trump win

fuck
  • "Just arrived in Scotland," Trump posted on Twitter. "Place is going wild over the vote. They took their country back, just like we will take America back. No games!".
  • "Rue Britannia"
  • Same ol', same ol'.  Economies get tight and people react by wanting retrenchment in "the good ol' days".  It's the same thing happening in the U.S. as people look for someone to blame for their misery.  It's as old as the human race.  Talk about a great CT.
  • Living in the district of Boston / South Lincolnshire, I am so nauseated by the local sentiment. Apparently there was a high turnout of voters here and the highest proportion of voters for Brexit in the country ( 75%). Due to the fact that so many local cabbage-heads despise the migrant population here. Now, trying to take a balanced view, there is some logic to their argument - this is the part of the country that has seen the fastest and greatest rise in E European migrants. Boston has seen an upsurge in violent crime largely linked to the migrant population ( I believe it was the " murder capital" of the country in recent analysis). Local schools have seen a huge rise in migrant pupils.
    However.... Being both teachers, myself and C can vouch for the fact that the migrant families are generally the politest, hardest working, and they value their children's education a damn sight more than some of the local English families. Migrants in this area have been repeatedly accused of " taking jobs from the English", but it's only the E Europeans filling the fields and food factories here that are sustaining the local economy; I don't know of any English person who works in the fields. Apparently the council are going to be appealing to help now from the government to avoid the collapse of the local economy and there is expected to be an exodus of E Europeans ( to the rapturous delight of 75 %).
    I actually feel quite sorry for Cameron, who I do believe has been a genuine principled politician. God knows what we will get now.
    As for Alison showing her support for the Remain side, well good for her. That is the only bit of cheer I'm left to cling to now, not that any of us can change the outcome. House prices in London are set to plunge- I should sell up and move to the country if I were her...maybe another country!!
  • The day after the EU leave vote. Guess where I am? Yup. France. Happy to report all normal here; well, as normal as France ever gets !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Hello again, lovelies. Apologies for the break. I have returned to seek the comfort of strangers. It would appear that the true face of Britain is today that of an evil clown.  

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!