Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 222 Comments sorted by
  • As if the journey to work was not bad enough already!

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Couldn't find a map of the U.K. that stated county vulnerability to Zombie invasion but found this one of the USA.

• Apparently The Telegraph has quoted The Boris as describing Gawping Gove ( I swear, I want to take a clothes peg to those slimy lips of his, and do worse things with bulldog clips to his gonads) as a " Machiavellian Psychopath". Oh how the country is chuckling. I see from her Twitter comment that Alison is relaxing watching Gogglebox?!!!! Oh dear. She should just watch House of Commons Live. I do hope this downturn in taste isn't going to affect her writing lol!
  • You have a point about the zombie apocalypse. It seems to be happening in London and spreading outwards as clearly Parliament and Alison are the first to go. If she's hiding in Wiltshire then there is hope.
  • Good news is there are already plans to deal with a Zombie Apocalypse in the UK. Apparantly the countries response would be led by the cabinet office, not the MoD, so remember, May or Gove ( who already looks like a Zombie) would be in charge. That's reassuring !
    The really good news is there are already plans to convert a London Black Cab for the situation.

• Here's a London Bus!

• I still can't figure what zombies are supposed to represent.  All of the white collars?  All of the blue collars?  All of humanity after they reach puberty?
  • Depends on the creator. Often though it's the mindless or brainwashed masses. Early modern zombies likely had their origin in Cold War fear. Simon Pegg's walkers represent more of the mindless masses of a consumer-driven, faux democracy. Walking Dead zombies are more of a reflection of what the living have become; what they've been reduced to in the face of adversity (opposed to the latent hero rising to the occasion). The metaphysical zombie will come next.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2016-07-05 01:06:21
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • And sometimes they're just a monster movie antagonist.
  • And then there's this star-crossed lovers crap.

Post edited by iuventus at 2016-07-05 01:08:03
  • Whoever came up with this had obviously never seen Buffy the Vampire Slayer and her relationship to Angel.
  • That is the only zombie movie I have ever seen and, I must say, I liked it alright.  It was amusing.  Besides, I love that actress.  She's in "I am Number 4" and  "Sorcerer's apprentice", also not highly acclaimed movies that I love.  I think there's a trend here.
  • I actually liked it. It was a play on Romeo and Juliet of course, balcony/nurse scene included, and it made a light statement against racism. My main reason for liking it, though, was R's sexy Zombie BFF.
  • Whoever came up with this had obviously never seen Buffy the Vampire Slayer and her relationship to Angel.

Why is that?
  • Girl has need to kill vampire. Instead, falls in love with vampire. Spends rest of her life explaining to others why vampire deserves not to be killed.
    Typical boy/girl thing, just substitute Zombie for vampire.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!