Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp at Glastonbury!
  • 163 Comments sorted by
  • Sartori said:

I`ve got the set recorded (as best you can from live anyway) . Its rolling in at 1.4Gig , so at this time I`m re-encoding it for a practical upload size . Hopefully it`ll be put up for capturisering from the TV etc . 

Good work sir! =D>
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Here, here, muchos gracious. Free pint coming your way when your back in Manchester.
    www.themummers.co.uk
    photo 48d99ea1-4ff3-47b4-a076-5c9c0bc0a716_zpsbb643bce.jpg
  • omg i'm in tears of happiness, is there a link coming that I can hear what you heard!!??
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• Probably not tonight as I'm going to bed soon (up 0545 for work) . And it'll probably be a download thingy .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Please tell me in words and/or video what it is like to be there if you never been. My brain is like a sponge. xx
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• banana said:

Please tell me in words and/or video what it is like to be there if you never been. My brain is like a sponge. xx

Like being stood in a field of piss with someone shouting at you .
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Utopia from today , first track - out of the blocks like a whippet . Its a captured video rather than a ripped one from a live stream , so some frames are lost and the video tears now and again .

• Came through clear, omg Alison is beautiful lady........Sartori keep'um coming sweet spirit. Thank you. xx
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• So what does all this "trending" stuff actually mean for anyone who doesn't have a clue about Twatter, sorry Twitter??
    Post edited by Hells_Bells at 2014-06-28 19:22:10
  • lol@Hells Bells - that what i call twitter. I was on it for all of 5 mins and deleted account.

BIG THANK YOU to Sartori
  • Seen a multitude of pictures from the show and my God! She has never looked happier or more beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait to see the show. Thanks so much for all the effort Sartori, Carpy and everyone else on the recording project. Speaking as one of few that wouldn't have access to it otherwise, I am very appreciative. And what do you say about Ms. Sally Traffic's close up:) And the backstage Brain Ferry photo! It sounds like such a wonderful show, can't wait to see it. Thanks again Xx
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Blink and you missed it.Red button 301 just showed Lovely Head and Strict Machine at 1.50am.
  • Sartori!  Thanks for coming thru on Utopia. Those of us outside the UK are prob especially appreciative!  Looking forward to seeing whatever else you've been able to capture. So, does Alison no longer sing the operatic opening to "Utopia" or was this changed for Glastonbury?  Also, it just me, or was something a bit flat about that rendition of Utopia in general?  It seemed a bit hesitant and the band didn't seem to gel.  It just didn't have the intensity I've seen in the 9 or 10 times I've seen it performed in the past.  I guess everyone needs to warm up.  You forget that when Alison & co usually deliver such impeccable performances.  

Kind of shocked that they didn't do Ooh La La considering what a monster hit it was for them.   Totally agree on comments about Seb.  Absolutely ace drummer.  Hope he sticks around.  

BBC has uploaded "Strict Machine" to YouTube and, for some blessed reason, they haven't blocked it in the US.  I think the band and Alison sound great, but the BBC really overdid it on the editing and production.  It's edited within an inch of its life with so many quick changes and much of the camera work is so closed in on Alison and the band that you have very little sense of the immensity and drama of a big Glastonbury performance.  I mean, you could have shot their set this way in a tiny club.  I guess they were going for a sense of intimacy, but then, to my eyes, kind of robbed the set of what I'm sure was its thrilling live experience.  It looks like one of those 5th single music videos that's edited together from live concert footage rather than a live taping of a concert performance.  Stop showing off, BBC!  

Post edited by HorseTearz at 2014-06-28 22:14:36
  • I'm watching this thread like a hawk. So it's 5 hours ahead in the UK? Right now in the US it's 1:23 AM so in the UK it's 6:23 AM?
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• We missed this as we are currently on our annual pilgrimage to France. We bring a satellite dish and decoder with us but this year, there seems to have been a lot of changes to the output from Astra 28 and we can no longer get UK TV with a 60 Cm dish, so no BBC red button for us. We went to plan B, and the digital stream but the bandwidth in deepest rural France was not good enough to cope so we saw 5 minutes of stop/start Yellow Halo and the intro of Alvar. It was like being in the cinema in Crawley all over again ! Then it failed altogether.
    Keep up the good work on the download Satori, we are relying on you. Now I know how frustrating it is for our American brethren.
    We will have to get that satellite sorted. Two weeks without TV ? I will go mad !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!