Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Film & Live perf (cinema simulcast) - 4 Mar 2014
  • 370 Comments sorted by
  • I was at air studios watching it being filmed, it was a bit strange not clapping after every song, I had to fight he urge to do that. Gave it a very dead atmosphere. I though Alison could have thanked the people up In the gallery who had come to watch though. She didn't even acknowledge anyone and just walked off as soon as the cameras stopped rolling. I thought that was pretty rude, I'm sure it was a stressful experience but just a wave and a thank you wouldn't have taken much.
  • ^ i guess her head was full of other stuff? 
    it was weird not clapping in the cinema so yeah i can imagine weirder when you're there!
  • What did that box thing look like? The one she had her head in? I'm intrigued to know what that looked like on screen?
  • People were clapping in the cinema I attended, very much so! ;)
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • No-one at plymouth vue clapped, even at the end. Kinda awkward. Everyone seemed to enjoy it, just no-one wanted to be the sole clapoer!

I didn't see any box-thing?
  • Best part of watching it at Lowry Vue, was when Little Bird started... My friend said "ooh I hope its the 15 minute version!". We do love a good prog rock noodle!!!
  • well she had her head poking through this black box, that had a scene of a wood in it, she had her and inside it too... it looked like a miniature set or something?  I just wondered what it looked like on screen as I was watching it from above haha.
  • It was a clever segue from the film to the gig, kept the bike theme going...
  • Dreeke said:

I've watched ITV a couple of times, so I got that Iceland 'joke'.

Alison must have seen Whisperit's quiz, here last December
    :D

With one photo of the menu inspired by a trip to Iceland (the shop)
  • Almanac said:

well she had her head poking through this black box, that had a scene of a wood in it, she had her and inside it too... it looked like a miniature set or something?  I just wondered what it looked like on screen as I was watching it from above haha.

There was a little upside down bike in there a she spun the wheel a few times :)
    Post edited by ping at 2014-03-05 05:32:40
  • Wondered if during the end credits, anyone managed to catch the name of the person that the event was in the memory of? Great to see that Maus was also credited.
  • I think it was James Sparkles?
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • Almanac said:

I though Alison could have thanked the people up In the gallery who had come to watch though.

Sorry, but thank for what? You were unseen (presumably) and silent - she might have not even known that you are there...

Plus it would have been weird to thank unseen people off the screen during the live broadcast.
    Not to mention that there was a general 'thank you' to the viewers.
    Post edited by alex_f at 2014-03-05 06:01:06
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • ping said:

There was a little upside down bike in there and she spun the wheel a few times :)

Oh, of course, the intro/link! :-) It followed immediately after the TOU films, & was very effective. I kinda expected some fumbling around with mics, cameras etc, but no, it very smoothly went into that little scene... which was so well set-up, it actually looked like another pre-recorded film. Took a few seconds before i realised that it was the start of the live performance.

PS: Alex, am still chuckling at your interpretation of the count-down timer... 9:00.. 8:00.. Not start times! Lol :-)
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-03-05 06:11:19
  • Almanac said:

I was at air studios watching it being filmed, it was a bit strange not clapping after every song, I had to fight he urge to do that. Gave it a very dead atmosphere. I though Alison could have thanked the people up In the gallery who had come to watch though. She didn't even acknowledge anyone and just walked off as soon as the cameras stopped rolling. I thought that was pretty rude, I'm sure it was a stressful experience but just a wave and a thank you wouldn't have taken much.

I was there too, I don't think in those situations it's customary to thank the audience given that we were basically there as a perk to offer the sponsors.  It wasn't like we actually added anything to the experience for the performers or the cinema viewers and I'm amazed it was even offered given the technicalities involved in the entire process.  I think the whole event was massively stressful for everyone concerned, and adding to the stress by having to shush 30-40 potentially drunk people to that must've been a nightmare. 

That sounds like a dig, I assure you it's not, just my potential explanation for the lack of acknowledgment :) 
    Post edited by VisualFallacy at 2014-03-05 06:38:46

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!