Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Film & Live perf (cinema simulcast) - 4 Mar 2014
  • 370 Comments sorted by
  • It sort of works....with a bit of imagination.
  • It sounds like we had the worst problems in Cineworld Cheltenham then :( so glad you all got to watch it how it was intended and just hope it gets repeated or released on DVD. I'm shocked at how much this experience has affected me and am still feeling sad this morning...was so so looking forward to it. Ah well only a few weeks until the live shows :D
    Thanks to all of you that have tweeted me as well x
  • Aw, LittleBird, I'm sorry that your experience was such a shitfest.  How disappointing.  Are there any later screenings in the UK you can attend?  I know that some of the screenings in the US are taking place later this month.  I had to work late tonight and had to give my North Hollywood ticket to a co-worker, but I might be able to attend the Burbank, California showing on March 25.  Either way, it sounds like quite a fun evening.  If they do eventually release this on DVD, I hope that they add on a "real" concert as well.  It would be nice to get a concert with audience reaction included.  It sounds like Manchester was filmed, right?  
  • I was at air studios watching it being filmed, it was a bit strange not clapping after every song, I had to fight he urge to do that. Gave it a very dead atmosphere. I though Alison could have thanked the people up In the gallery who had come to watch though. She didn't even acknowledge anyone and just walked off as soon as the cameras stopped rolling. I thought that was pretty rude, I'm sure it was a stressful experience but just a wave and a thank you wouldn't have taken much.
  • ^ i guess her head was full of other stuff? 
    it was weird not clapping in the cinema so yeah i can imagine weirder when you're there!
  • What did that box thing look like? The one she had her head in? I'm intrigued to know what that looked like on screen?
  • People were clapping in the cinema I attended, very much so! ;)
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • No-one at plymouth vue clapped, even at the end. Kinda awkward. Everyone seemed to enjoy it, just no-one wanted to be the sole clapoer!

I didn't see any box-thing?
  • Best part of watching it at Lowry Vue, was when Little Bird started... My friend said "ooh I hope its the 15 minute version!". We do love a good prog rock noodle!!!
  • well she had her head poking through this black box, that had a scene of a wood in it, she had her and inside it too... it looked like a miniature set or something?  I just wondered what it looked like on screen as I was watching it from above haha.
  • It was a clever segue from the film to the gig, kept the bike theme going...
  • Dreeke said:

I've watched ITV a couple of times, so I got that Iceland 'joke'.

Alison must have seen Whisperit's quiz, here last December
    :D

With one photo of the menu inspired by a trip to Iceland (the shop)
  • Almanac said:

well she had her head poking through this black box, that had a scene of a wood in it, she had her and inside it too... it looked like a miniature set or something?  I just wondered what it looked like on screen as I was watching it from above haha.

There was a little upside down bike in there a she spun the wheel a few times :)
    Post edited by ping at 2014-03-05 05:32:40
  • Wondered if during the end credits, anyone managed to catch the name of the person that the event was in the memory of? Great to see that Maus was also credited.
  • I think it was James Sparkles?
    Formerly known as alex_t.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!