Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Film & Live perf (cinema simulcast) - 4 Mar 2014
  • 370 Comments sorted by
  • Almanac said:

I though Alison could have thanked the people up In the gallery who had come to watch though.

Sorry, but thank for what? You were unseen (presumably) and silent - she might have not even known that you are there...

Plus it would have been weird to thank unseen people off the screen during the live broadcast.
    Not to mention that there was a general 'thank you' to the viewers.
    Post edited by alex_f at 2014-03-05 06:01:06
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • ping said:

There was a little upside down bike in there and she spun the wheel a few times :)

Oh, of course, the intro/link! :-) It followed immediately after the TOU films, & was very effective. I kinda expected some fumbling around with mics, cameras etc, but no, it very smoothly went into that little scene... which was so well set-up, it actually looked like another pre-recorded film. Took a few seconds before i realised that it was the start of the live performance.

PS: Alex, am still chuckling at your interpretation of the count-down timer... 9:00.. 8:00.. Not start times! Lol :-)
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-03-05 06:11:19
  • Almanac said:

I was at air studios watching it being filmed, it was a bit strange not clapping after every song, I had to fight he urge to do that. Gave it a very dead atmosphere. I though Alison could have thanked the people up In the gallery who had come to watch though. She didn't even acknowledge anyone and just walked off as soon as the cameras stopped rolling. I thought that was pretty rude, I'm sure it was a stressful experience but just a wave and a thank you wouldn't have taken much.

I was there too, I don't think in those situations it's customary to thank the audience given that we were basically there as a perk to offer the sponsors.  It wasn't like we actually added anything to the experience for the performers or the cinema viewers and I'm amazed it was even offered given the technicalities involved in the entire process.  I think the whole event was massively stressful for everyone concerned, and adding to the stress by having to shush 30-40 potentially drunk people to that must've been a nightmare. 

That sounds like a dig, I assure you it's not, just my potential explanation for the lack of acknowledgment :) 
    Post edited by VisualFallacy at 2014-03-05 06:38:46
  • Did you enjoy it? It was an interesting experience watching it being filmed, but I don't think i'd want to do it again. I'd rather just see them perform at a normal concert.
  • Almanac said:

Did you enjoy it? It was an interesting experience watching it being filmed, but I don't think i'd want to do it again. I'd rather just see them perform at a normal concert.

I did, but then I've seen them in concert many, many times.  So for me it wasn't really about seeing them live, it was about being there for something that I'll never be able to repeat.  I am sad that I haven't seen the films as a consequence but hopefully I'll get to do that at some point!
  • does anyone remember the setlist?
    i cnt wait to see it on Friday!
    Aaron
    facebook.com/omgitsaaronnnx
  • great night yesterday. such a slick production all round :) luckily zero tech issues at stevenage cineworld. the no applause between songs thing? yeah too weird for me. there was the smallest of ripples at the credits but nothing more.
  • aaronnnx said:

does anyone remember the setlist?

Paper Bag
    Utopia
    Clowns
    Clay
    Alvar
    Little Bird
    Lovely Head
    Thea
    Train
    Strict Machine
  • rewak said:

aaronnnx said:

does anyone remember the setlist?

Paper Bag
    Utopia
    Clowns
    Clay
    Alvar
    Little Bird
    Lovely Head
    Thea
    Train
    Strict Machine

Thanks rewak!
    I'm surprised there is nothing from Supernature. i was expecting You Never Know or Ooh La La
    glad to see paper bag back :)
    Aaron
    facebook.com/omgitsaaronnnx
  • PS: Alex, am still chuckling at your interpretation of the count-down timer... 9:00.. 8:00.. Not start times! Lol :-)

Epic brain fart  :D
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-03-05 09:37:48
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • Sorry to be a pest, can someone tell me the order the films came in please.

Thanks

• Stranger
    Laurel
    Jo
    Drew
    Annabel
  • No sound issues in Clapham. It was virtually sold out except for 1 spare seat. Impressive. Started bang on 7.30pm & only annoying bit was people arriving late. Several people clapping & cheering. Left with a huge grin on my face :)
    Music Junkie
  • Ultrauk said:

No sound issues in Clapham. It was virtually sold out except for 1 spare seat. Impressive. Started bang on 7.30pm & only annoying bit was people arriving late. Several people clapping & cheering. Left with a huge grin on my face :)

oh yeah you can add the pricks in my cinema who thought it fine to turn up halfway through jo or annabel to that list
  • Pure magic. What a night. It MUST be released on DVD. Look at all the people on here saying so. ASAP PLEASE.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!