Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • Ditto.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • @KeithJ_gmb i watched kill list, yeah it got pretty creepy towards the end!
  • ping said:

@KeithJ_gmb i watched kill list, yeah it got pretty creepy towards the end!

Shades of 'The Wicker Man', of course. And 'Taxi Driver'. I may watch more soothing films over the Xmas holidays. But I'm also in the mood for some film noir.
  • The Broadway Melody.  Dating to 1929, this was the first ever Hollywood musical.  In some ways, they were experimenting with the form, and not quite getting it right.  In other ways, it was already spot on.  Well worth watching.  Like many later musicals, it's set backstage.  Inevitably, there's a scene of the chorus line rehearsing.  I was surprised to see how much the chorus line's rehearsal shorts looked like 1950s gym knickers.
    Post edited by Pet at 2013-12-20 18:59:55
  • im just about to watch the haunting (the 60's version)
  • Big Ass Spider. <- avoid like plague.
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Straightheads - pretty awful, good performance from Gillian Anderson though
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-12-21 12:30:28
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Just watched 'Never Let Me Go" on Channel4 , barrel of laughs that was. Enjoyed it, but Christ it was bleak.
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • ^ the books good.
  • Sartori said:

Just watched 'Never Let Me Go" on Channel4 , barrel of laughs that was. Enjoyed it, but Christ it was bleak.

I gave it a miss.  There's enough depressing stuff in the real world.
  • Sartori said:

Just watched 'Never Let Me Go" on Channel4 , barrel of laughs that was. Enjoyed it, but Christ it was bleak.

Just watched it - yes, it's bleak but also mesmerising, intriguing and horribly possible. I'll avoid spoilers for those yet to watch but it treats the viewer with intelligence and infers an entire world but tells you only some of it for sure. Two words get used which you come to understand differently. I'm off to read up about one of them to see it I was right.

One scene of only about a minute is probably going to haunt me with it's quiet, understated brutality. Once you realise quite what you've seen it's truly shocking and changes a dynamic built up earlier. Again, I'd love to be specific but don't want to spoil it for others.

It's a tough watch but, in it's own way, a completely bang-on slice of science fiction.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Lair of the White Worm (on a German DVD). A Ken Russell film. See here:http://badreputation.org.uk/2013/12/...ir-white-worm/
    As the lady so rightly says:
    "Lair of the White Worm is basically awesome trash. Or it’s trash cinema French kissing arthouse cinema down a dingy alleyway. And sometimes that’s what you want."
    Post edited by Pet at 2013-12-23 17:55:04
  •  Saw "Seven Psychopaths" last night , edited by Lisa Gunning , Christopher Walken , Colin Farrell , mmm..I enjoyed it , some snappy dialogue but it does feel rather sellotaped together rather than bound by steel . 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • ^ a friend of mine saw it at the cinema and wasn't very impressed, I haven't seen it on the basis of his review, we normally like pretty similar stuff. If it comes on the telly I'll watch it then probably.
    I recorded host and troll hunter on Xmas day snd watched yesterday. Seen them both before but they're great, enjoyed them as much the second time around.
  • American Hustle, see it, it's fantastic!

http://youtu.be/NqgjPRNRDSY
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-01-02 22:59:08
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!