Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • Blackfish

The seaworld/orca documentary.
    Shocking...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • I saw big chunk of the South Park film on television last night.  (My housemate was watching it.)  I used to own it on DVD, but got rid of the disc.  At first, I enjoyed the film, and thought that maybe I'd been a bit hasty to part company with the DVD.  But, as it went on, I decided that I'd made the right decision in not keeping it.  Before the end, even my housemate lost interest.
    Post edited by Pet at 2013-12-06 11:31:19
  • Sartori said:

Saw Oldboy this afternoon , the remake . Unsure of what to make of it as a whole really without spoilers (I`ve never seen the orginal) but some bits were very cleverly done . 

I loved the original, dunno if I fancy the new one.
  • I went to the midnight premier of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.
    All I've got to say about it (besides that it's a great film and pretty and unicorns) is that Benedict Cumberbatch can be a dragon and a necromancer (whatever that is) at the same time and Martin Freeman is a hobbit. Oh and lots of dwarves.

• Watched 'Saving Mr Banks' last night...loved it!
  • Nebraska - a brutal film in the gentlest, most honest way. It tells you things you already knew deep down and it says them quietly. Wonderfully paced with a deeply affecting bleak humor. The cinema was filled with hearty laughter and thoughtful quiet in equal amounts. In my top ten for the year.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Nebraska - a brutal film in the gentlest, most honest way. It tells you things you already knew deep down and it says them quietly. Wonderfully paced with a deeply affecting bleak humor. The cinema was filled with hearty laughter and thoughtful quiet in equal amounts. In my top ten for the year.

Isn't that the new Alexander Payne film?
    Loved his previous ones.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Dreeke said:

Nebraska - a brutal film in the gentlest, most honest way. It tells you things you already knew deep down and it says them quietly. Wonderfully paced with a deeply affecting bleak humor. The cinema was filled with hearty laughter and thoughtful quiet in equal amounts. In my top ten for the year.

Isn't that the new Alexander Payne film?
    Loved his previous ones.

Certainly is - it's a beauty.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Anoukvdm said:

I went to the midnight premier of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.
    All I've got to say about it (besides that it's a great film and pretty and unicorns) is that Benedict Cumberbatch can be a dragon and a necromancer (whatever that is) at the same time and Martin Freeman is a hobbit. Oh and lots of dwarves.

About to see 'Smaug' now. Feels kinda weird being at the cinema mid-afternoon, but at least it's not packed... plenty of seat choice. I expect to be entertained if not awe-struck. Cate Blanchett is rather striking... :-)

Post-watch EDIT: Oops - Blanchett was only in this one for a few seconds. As Sartori says below, Hobbit 2 is all about the action (the fight scenes on barrels-down-the river was brilliantly devised) Unfortunately, the dialogue and character development were not the greatest... within the Jackson/Tolkien franchise. But good fun and yes, a sexy new elf-lady :-)
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-12-13 14:15:07
  • Saw T' Smaug this afternoon, a rollicking tastic 'Saturday morning cinema for kids' of a film and an Elven Fox.
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Mrs and kids are watching a film called Lorax. Taylor Swift is meant to be on it. Or her voice.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • I saw Leviathan earlier in the week. It was kinda intense, slightly disturbing and at times absolutely beautiful. The sound mix was fantastic, whoever did it needs a pat on the back.
  • ^I liked the Elf-lady, I'll draw her at some point. And does Cate Blanchett get more screen time in the Lord of the Rings movies? I can't remember. I believe I once had to paint her for someone, can't remember much of that too.

Today I finally got to see The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. I think it was a lot better than the first movie, but I still think that they could've made it a lot better. I blame that on how the books were written.
  • ^ I can't remember too well either, but pretty sure Cate/Galadriel featured quite a bit in 2nd + 3rd LOTR.

And elf-lady in Hobbit 2 was also Kate in TV series 'Lost'. Piccy of Evangeline Lilly...
  • Evangeline looked fantastic, freckles across her nose , a veritable walking heart attack with tits.....just like me but 100% differently.

"Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!