Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • ^Well, the "walking heart attack" bit is similar.

And didn't someone once call you a tit?

(~~) (what the devil IS this?)
  • Argh , "walking heart attack" as in out of shape and due to have one & her to give me one............(ooer Mrs) , "with tits" is a reference to moobs. Using the phrase was just a setup line to take the piss out of myself using puns. Oh look my puns have now died on the floor by explaining them haha.
    No one I've given a fuck about has called me a "tit" that I recall , still I can live in hope :)

It's a jack o' lantern .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-12-14 17:53:51
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Anywhat, Hobbit - the only point to note is during the barrel floating part of the film, there was a few bits of intercut footage that looked liked it was shot on a 1/8 Mb camera phone, when the barrel bobs down into the water, it just looks really bad quality. No deal breaker though, it's more amusing than anything to me how or why they included them. Strange.

The rolling nature of the fight scenes are a joy to watch, Benedict C. is perfect as the Dragon and I'll refrain from spoilers for those that haven't seen it yet.
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-12-14 18:35:05
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

• Sartori said:

Oh look my puns have now died on the floor by explaining them haha.
    No one I've given a fuck about has called me a "tit" that I recall , still I can live in hope :)

It's a jack o' lantern .

Aww, Sartori, you ole softie. You're too generous. It's never worth explaining your witty gems to anyone who doesn't get them. My approach to those who fail to appreciate my razor-sharp humour with the phrase, "pearls before swine" and a dismissive toss of my curls. Then I go back to my room and talk to my best friends, Alison and Will (the penguins). They always get my jokes.  Yeah. Alison and Will (the penguins). My best friends. My only friends.

A Jack o'Lantern? Thought it was a turd. Or a fruit. A fruit turd.

What was this thread about again?
  •  I wouldn`t anyone to think I was being sexist on this thread , I keep that for the Sexy Ladies thread ;)
  • ping said:

I saw Leviathan earlier in the week. It was kinda intense, slightly disturbing and at times absolutely beautiful. The sound mix was fantastic, whoever did it needs a pat on the back.

Well said. I saw it at the Edinburgh Film Festival this year when it won the Michael Powell award (Best British Film). Given their style on this film I reckon the film-makers would make a great horror film.

I've been watching the DVD of 'Kill List'. Ostensibly a thriller about ex-squaddies becoming hit-men, it veers in to altogether more stranger and disturbing territory.
    Post edited by KeithJ_gmb at 2013-12-15 17:53:07
  • ^ ooh that sounds interesting! will keep a look out for that.
  • I bought the DVD in HMV for £3 a while ago. It's been on Film 4 & will probably turn up there again as they part financed it.
  • Rise of the Guardians.

Was subjected into watching it by mother, and was pleasantly surprised. Really enjoyed it! Excellent animation.
  • Don't be afraid of the dark on film 4.......... :-< 8-|
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • I saw 'act of killing' last night. It was pretty amazing, bizarre, tragic, funny, terrifying. Loved the concept, very interesting.
  • ^Like I said before, it sounds fantastic. I'm a bit scared of watching it, though - wasn't it emotional overload? I think I'd be in bits by the end.
  • ^ I laughed a lot watching it, then felt a bit bad due to the terrible nature of what was really happening. It's proper comedy of the absurd though. And one particular 'gangster' who seems to enjoy any excuse to get in drag.
  • Himiko (1974)

Straightforward and obtuse at the same time, interesting though.
  • ^ You have me curious now, 'wak - will have to give that a look.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!