Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
interviews
  • 160 Comments sorted by
  • Yup yup, this all sounds quite good and reasonable, and searching for promotional support within the fashion industry is actually quite clever, so they get a brilliant singer to accompany their catwalk with, and she gets to wear the best dresses. :D win/win, innit?

Nothing wrong with Primark, apart from conditions of production and most of their style. Ha.
    Post edited by HolyOwl at 2013-08-15 20:03:50
    Be patient.
  • Just coming on to post this article, you beat me to it HO :) anyhow it's got a couple of interesting bits in it that make sense to me. Looking forward to seeing what they get up to
  • HolyOwl said:

Yup yup, this all sounds quite good and reasonable, and searching for promotional support within the fashion industry is actually quite clever, so they get a brilliant singer to accompany their catwalk with, and she gets to wear the best dresses. :D win/win, innit?

Yes , I 100% agree with you and the bands decision to do this , I hope it doesn`t start another (yawn) backlash of "selling out" , as per previous threads on the old fourm - people saying that need to give themselves a good slap and grow up - there we are I`ve said it .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • True.
    However I would never call it a sellout at all, rather creative give-and-take. Music influences fashion and vice versa. It had always been like that. So why no collaboration? Really nothing wrong with that.
    Post edited by HolyOwl at 2013-08-16 05:03:07
    Be patient.
  • Also, setting the debut during fashion week just has some intriguing possibilities for the launch.
  • Who cares about selling out really? If it means that Goldfrapp can get paid more to keep doing what they love then so be it I say!
  • "Selling Out" is subjective. Goldfrapp never claimed to be some kind of revolutionary act anyway, so really that label doesn't apply. Whether it does apply to say Johnny Rotten who seems to have become more like the acts he claimed to have hated all those years ago is highly subjective. Another example of a band accused of being 'Sell Outs' is Chumbawamba. They began their career with albums like 'Pictures of Starving Children Sell Records' which had a massive critique of EMI, considered a very unethical company at that time for it's ties with the Apartheid regime in South Africa and manufacturing guidance systems for nuclear weapons and the like. Some 10-15 years later Chumbawamba were signed to EMI and scored their biggest hit with 'Tubthumping' and they suffered a huge backlash from their so called 'anarchist' contemporaries, however by being signed to EMI, they got their message out to the masses and donated a lot of money to causes they support, so the very notion of selling out is somewhat contrived, and has never been something relevant to Goldfrapp anyway, that's my take on it
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Goldfrapp article in the latest attitude magazine. I haven't read it yet so I dunno what it's like.
    http://www.pocketmags.com/viewmagazine.aspx?titleid=1&title=Attitude
    Post edited by ping at 2013-08-19 06:41:54
  • ^just had a read of the interview in atitude. no major revelations but nice enough.
  • anybody get 'out' magazine? there's an interview in there i think. haven't got time to search this morning though! 
  • Nice one ping I do like attitude and that just sealed the deal to buy it!
  • I saw this morning a scan of an Alison interview, with a really nice b/w photo of her on a side, i couldn't see wich magazine is, since it's an instagram image with the hashtag Goldfrapp, so it's really tiny. Anyone who can scan it?
  • ^ I saw that too, it's the out magazine one

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!