Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
interviews
  • 160 Comments sorted by
  • I've told my skybox to record it while I'm out. (sometimes it doesn't listen to me)
  • Oh they've got the will Gregory segment conveniently placed in one segment, nice to hear him talking about the good old days of public services, how he got all his music training free through the education system, ILEA, nice one Wil ;)
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • That was excellent! Plenty of classical talk, actually plenty of Goldfrapp talk AND a nice chunk of Wiiiiiiiiiill talk too. Throw in some Mahler & some Morricone and I think it's a winner!

Ripping and uploading as we speak.........
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • The 'Industry Standard' Release - today's Will interview (music included)

The Deluxe Box Set - a ,rar containing yesterday's ickle trail for today, the interview AND A SMALL PICTURE!
  • ^ Thank you, kind sir! Have downloaded & will listen tomorrow. :)
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b037stqd

from 1:37:27 onwards.  :)
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • ...or you could just click on my links above where I've grabbed, converted and hosted the Wiiiiiiiiill bits for you!
    ;)
  • ...or you could just click on my links above where I've grabbed, converted and hosted the Wiiiiiiiiill bits for you!
    ;)

Yep, I'd do that if I were you (your links are soooo stylish Carpy that I didn't actually recognise them as links) :\">
    Post edited by mode_devotion at 2013-08-09 19:31:02
    ;)

Yep, I'd do that if I were you (your links are soooo stylish Carpy that I didn't actually recognise them as links) :\">

I don't just throw this together, you know! :D ;)
  • Thank you so much Carpathian! =) Is the drew at the end of the interview the radio edit version? I quite like it. Prefer the original, but still....
  • I don't just throw this together, you know! :D ;)

As @kaleb20 said - its very much appreciated.  :)
  • ... with Alison, Management and head of marketing:

(...) but "Tales of Us" won't have a proper single push behind it. "It's a very album-focused strategy. The band sees it as a collection of stories," Mute head of marketing and sales Nicole Blonder says. Peter Loraine, the band's manager at Fascination Management, adds, "When you listen to the album as a whole, it works so well together that we didn't go into this with the nagging feeling that so many other bands have, that we haven't got the commercial single to take to radio."

(...)

Loraine and Mute have confirmed a release event at the Beacon Theatre during New York Fashion Week in September, and are in advanced talks with potential partners that could pair well with Goldfrapp's personal affinity for high fashion.
    Though the album, film project and tour plans are fairly grand in concept, they're "shoestring" in terms of budget, Goldfrapp says. That's why she's more open to the possibility of synch licensing than perhaps even the days of 2005 and 2006, when virtually every track from "Supernature" and a handful from 2004's "Black Cherry" were licensed for commercials, TV and film.

(...)

"I'd love to have someone go, 'That song would go so perfectly with this scene,'" Goldfrapp says. "That's always nice."

Post edited by HolyOwl at 2013-08-15 19:48:49
    Be patient.

• HolyOwl said:

Nice, HO!  I get the feeling that the foundation is being laid pretty well this time... but, then again, I am always the hopeless romantic optimist.
  • HolyOwl said:

... with Alison, Management and head of marketing:

(...) but "Tales of Us" won't have a proper single push behind it. "It's a very album-focused strategy....
    Loraine and Mute have confirmed a release event at the Beacon Theatre during New York Fashion Week in September, and are in advanced talks with potential partners that could pair well with Goldfrapp's personal affinity for high fashion.
    Though the album, film project and tour plans are fairly grand in concept, they're "shoestring" in terms of budget, Goldfrapp says. .

So "Primark" it is then ;)
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-08-15 19:55:43
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Nice find HO , I don`t quite understand bits of the promotion but (as I mentioned before) , I have faith that they`re doing their best with what they have . Its not the 90`s , there is no big budget for Promotion (which the artist pays for anyway) . I believe , I have faith .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!