Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
ADMIN PLEASE NOTE: Forum issues
  • 621 Comments sorted by
  • It doesn`t read like that , its a  very sensible idea that`s a win-win .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-08-04 12:18:40
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • ickygerm said:

but they've gotta have lives/sleep sometime!

I've been wanting to say that for a very long time...and, it seems, no thanks to admin.  HJ and Carpy, correct me if I'm wrong...but, if I'm correct, that annoys me even more than the spam.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-08-04 12:42:54
  • Sounds like a pretty good suggestion. Today's the 3rd today in a row where I woke up to find more spam than the night before. And there's only so much that UK mods can do until they need some rest!

• I've logged in and cleared the ones I could see but ridiculously busy at work and if I get caught on here I'll be in the deep & smelly today.

Have had an email from Adam @ Fascination so giving him a list of the main repeat-offenders to remove and also a link to the activity page to make completely clear how many are circling now so they can plan forward.

Going to have to vanish again. Back when I can!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • There must be a way to shore it up to prevent returned spambots rather than the repeated task of deleting?

I am guess admin must be working on some long term solution?

• I'm also very busy - it's Boardmasters Festival here this week.

Ah, good that you've had something back from Adam, Carpy.

BTW, did you see Marc's 'Help' thread?
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-08-05 09:40:18
  • I've also re-asked that of Adam @ FM - has to be the better option!
  • BTW, did you see Marc's 'Help' thread?

I'm not reading any threads, to be honest - I'm taking a break from things pretty much. Just came back to help clear up and act as liaison for Adam.
  • OK, I see. It seems it's not about the forum as such. but something else management has in mind...
  • HJ, PM sent - come and have a natter!
  • Hi all, I'm just checking this thread. So much to digest, can someone maybe collate your requests in one post so i can review? Sorry for that. The question is who collates? I'll leave it to you. I'll check back tomorrow afternoon so all users from different time zones can contribute to this. Perhaps email me (search for my address on my site marckremers.com once you think it's good to go that way I know which list of requests to look at? Cheers, M
    This is my signature. Here's my Twitter account!
  • Hi Marc. Someone did create a thread/discussion for just that purpose. It got a bit bloated with other stuff, but if you wanted a link, it's here:

http://goldfrapp.com/forum/discussion/60/board-fault-improvement-collation-thread-/p1

If me or Carpy find time, maybe we can filter/tidy the info it contains, and e-mail you etc.

Elliot

• Great stuff, Marc & HJ - there's a few obvious things we can probably pull together over the next 24 hours.

If we start with a small list of main things that should have most impact for least effort - the 80/20 rule in full force! I'll have a scan through the pages when I get in and drop you a PM, HJ - that work for you?
  • Yes, good idea. Am jogging-with-the-dog* at the mo, but will have tine this aft/eve.
    *not quite the same as dogging
  • (Not sure if this is already on the list )
    The edit post time seems to default to Easter Standard Time. This post was actually edited about 17:20 BST

I would also like to be able to delete my own posts (thank you for reminding me, Elliot)
    Post edited by Bottlehead at 2013-08-07 12:20:50

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!