Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
ADMIN PLEASE NOTE: Forum issues
  • 621 Comments sorted by
  • There doesn't seem to be any spam at the moment. I guess mr C must have been and dealt with it, since the above posts. Btw, it is ridiculous that we have to keep deleting like this. Half-arsed protection I'd call it.
  • Admin needs to sort out the fact spam with reprehensible content can be allowed to get through. Seriously. If it's not sorted out I'm not going to be partaking in the forum.

I have to agree , this was particularly distasteful today - while I understand the logistics and costs of setting up spam filtering etc , I had a look today , there are many bots that have managed to get through the system IE the same ones that have been spamming for a while . While the mods (quite understandably) have no BAN Powers for users , I would have liked a more proactive banning from admin as its the same bots again and again , I think its quite a reasonable request that admin use their banning powers to stop the incessant spam from the same ones again and again. 

fuck it , tired of my own typing

ADMIN GET THIS BLOOMING SORTED 

May as well delete the "Popular Tags" window , its full of shit .
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-07-31 10:57:36
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

ADMIN GET THIS FLIPPING SORTED

You are making the assumption that admin is paying any attention.  I really don't think so.  It's a pisser, to say the least.  The amount of time that HJ and Carpy spend bombing, I'm sure, could be used for better things.  Like take-out.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-07-31 10:57:53
  • I took time out from work earlier to clear the backlog.

I've dropped a proper email to two of our contacts at Fascination. There's an out of office message from one (back on Monday) and I'm waiting to hear from the other. They were sent a few mins ago so obviously still ongoing.

I'll update people once replies come back but until then WE KNOW AND ARE DEALING WITH IT OK!

No more big sweary posts are needed - we have the spambots for that purpose :))
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Sartori said:

ADMIN GET THIS FLIPPING SORTED

You are making the assumption that admin is paying any attention.  I really don't think so.  It's a pisser, to say the least.  The amount of time that HJ and Carpy spend bombing, I'm sure, could be used for better things.  Like take-out.

I`m making no assumptions at all - have you never just screamed at the world ? 

With all due respect to everyone - the SAME spambots are posting . not new ones , they aren`t being banned . This isn`t a reflection on the mods in any way . Lack of admin banning is naivety , laziness or incompetence and gives a bad reflection of the forum to anyone viewing it , it drives people away .

And my same reply to MrC & HJ , it is utter frustration that the same spambots are posting , sweary posts are the law , swearing was used as emphasis of depth feeling as a scream to the world , not for attention or potty mouthing in general . I did edit it down , if that`s any consolation ;) , the state of the forum is no reflection on yourselves (I know you know that , I`m just emphasizing it) .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-31 11:32:36
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • In my email I put two thoughts to them - one to shore up the boards anti-spam mechanisms in the first place if possible or, if not able to do that immediately (the spam thing is an arms race of change and counter-change after all) then maybe HJ & I collate a semi-regular email to a contact there with the spam bot user names in and they have a chomping-run from that end.

I also made the point of the type of spam we'd had (yikes) and that the same ones are staying and therefore the number of posts overall are going up as other odd ones sneak through and find themselves able to post alongside the current ones.

Basically, all the things brought up were already included in my email so they should be in no confusion as to what's happening.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Its very much in mind that the mods do have better things to do that drives the frustration - the definition of madness is "doing the same thing again and expecting a different result" , if it was different bots posting then shoring up the board controls etc is needed , the same bots isn`t - banning is the answer (and shoring).

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-31 11:46:46
  • Sartori said:

I`m making no assumptions at all - have you never just screamed at the world ?

Point taken.  Yes, I have.  More often than I care to remember.

I wish the'd give the mods much broader powers.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-31 11:59:46
  • the power of smell!
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Thanks Carpy.

it would also helf if PPLE DIDNT COMMENT on the spam posts so they dont get bumped up. Is this TOO muchos to ask of everyone?

ta.
    Post edited by thathurt at 2013-07-31 15:37:10
  • Anyone else want to swear now? It's fecking darned spam bingo - 8 in a row. For fecks petes sake.
  • Skewered spam by MrC (thanks) , he heard the Batphone a ringing and tried to rob me of my spam bingo 8 ;)
  • I think that, by the rules, you still get the points.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Gods! I've just spotted the first (unless you know otherwise) spam post in an existing (non-spam) thread. :-q

I zapped it. But obviously these sort are more difficult to spot.

Thanks, Carpy, for contacting the higher powers... let's hope they sort something soon.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!