Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
ADMIN PLEASE NOTE: Forum issues
  • 621 Comments sorted by
  • Goodness, but every time I check "activity", there have been a ton of people joining every day!  I'd love to know how many people are now registered on this forum.
  • ^ True..... also getting a lot of new threads that are really pointless.....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Goodness, but every time I check "activity", there have been a ton of people joining every day!  I'd love to know how many people are now registered on this forum.

The numbers are now irrelevant or misleading (if you like) with approx 40 spammers joining per day .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-08-02 08:00:43
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • jozzy81 said:

^ True..... also getting a lot of new threads that are really pointless.....

Ha!  Exactly why I put that comment here, though it didn't seem to quite fit...
  • The alpaca is offended now.

I thunk the nail varnish thread is worse than this one ;)
  • More spam............and now we`ve also got in-thread spam posting (in the "Last Film You Watched" thread) . Yay , yay ,yay , and now we`ve gone full circle and back to why people left the last board and just before the new album is launched - "HOUSE" on doing-it-wrong Bingo  
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • looking like Spam bingo to me... ~X(
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Spam Spam Spam everywhere.  :@)

Can't we lock them out...someone? 
  • i've been wondering if it would maybe be worth it to have a north american mod who can clean up spam that shows up around the time the uk is sleeping/eating breakfast or whatever... there's usually a huge influx of spam late afternoon/evening for me. like right now there's ten spam threads just chillin in news. considering time zones uk/europe based people are less likely to see it, but it's not a good look for other international visitors, yanno? are there any posters on this side of the atlantic people would be ok with having as a mod?

if this is an unreasonable suggestion that's cool, i know it gets dealt with eventually. it just looks grody
  • Good idea. Failing any technological intervention. Lets use humans.
  • Sounds reasonable to me ickygerm, totally agree that it's not a good look, especially with a new release on the horizon.
  • The one that came late last night made me laugh - "Jordan A Whiff Of Medieval Tapestries" . I concur with the three posts above , appoint a North American mod (or even better 2) to run the hoover over the site during the other hours of the clock (as TH mentions - in lieu of a tech answer) . My heart and thanks go out to HJ and MrC for the work they`re doing .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-08-04 05:17:00
  • That doesnt mean we want the Jordan one to stay. This place is messy enough without spam. :-$
  • oh gosh no , its still there ....rather like Jordan , a coiled mantrap waiting for an unsuspecting male to click on her tapestry .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-08-04 09:30:01
  • Sartori said:

My heart and thanks go out to HJ and MrC for the work they`re doing .

for sure!

i feel like i should add - i didn't mean to sound ungrateful in my previous post, the carpathian and halloween jack are doing a great job already. but they've gotta have lives/sleep sometime!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!