Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 566 Comments sorted by
  •   Alison has clearly aged, but she has done so with grace and loveliness.  

Of course, I agree but, there are shots (yes, it is brilliant filming) that do not show the age at all.  She might as well be twenty-five.  Err, and what Carpy said.  I must agree that trying to hide that we age is insane.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-17 08:12:26
  • I referenced "Monster Love" back at the start of when it was released , what I didn't mention was that I was referring to the acoustic version they played at KCRW, a heart breaking, guitar driven melancholica-fest and it's the acoustic guitar line that's similar to Drew . Only on the acoustic version does the geetar come out of the mix.

So, onwards on my train to somewhere
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Total earworm. Getting shivers listening to it...

• Welcome, HorseTearz! Nice first post, especially the point about embracing age in performers. We age together and the changes in both sides of the equation are what make it so meaningful.

Yes absolutely! It's merely a compliment, to say that a ladies beauty is such that it is unaffected by age. It's much more than skin deep. Personally, i think she's sexier now than she's ever been.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • I am hypnotized and mesmerized by this video. It's evoked in me a sensual state of mind. It's brought tears to my eyes reviving in me memories long lost that I held sacred for a time.
    "To remember is to begin to live again" and this is how she feels at the end of the video when she maliciously smiles. I've been watching the video a lot these past days trying to find a meaning, specially when she enters the room and the other Alison looks at her. Maybe could it be that, she has changed so much from that time when she lived that experience and now is looking back at it from a different perspective?.
    I love the tune. It's so pretty. The bass is reminiscent of 80's boleros (Julio Iglesias) and a vibe of Cologne Cerrone Houdini, and the strings once again inspired by Nick Drake.
    I am very pleased and currently in such a sensual state of mind.
    I told you how I felt the earth could move.
  • Age is nothing but number image
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Fudged from the pic Joey posted and the promo pic sent out with the email

• Drew performed live gave me shivers tonight....

......gosh I wish I could download it now...
  • It was magical. All my hairs stood up. The orchestra were mind blowing. Beautiful song. Listen to it on YouTube and download with RealPlayer downloader.

• Jo_ey said:

1. Drew (Radio Edit) - 3:50

Thanks! I was hoping for an album instrumental like they had on Melancholy Sky, but no.
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Having given Drew a day of rest as I thought I had overdone it the first day. It really is stunningly beautiful, almost feels like I am listening to it for the first time again. Prob a good job I may not get to see it live until Nov as I would no doubt be a sniveling wreck :) . Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • If anyones interested the video was shot at Tottenham House :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!