Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 566 Comments sorted by
  • ^ nothing to do with me, i just found it on youtube.....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Well Chas and Dave aren`t shitting their pants 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Drew initially suffered a bit for me on the album due to being so familiar as the first Tale told as a single.

Now, after a weeks play, it's starting to reassert itself in the context of the others and is even stronger for that.

That latter huge strings & vocal runs half is quite something.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • One seller alone on eBay has made about £350 on Drew promos [-X
  • you know i didn't want to admit to myself since it's not my favorite on the album.....that's my simone.....

but DREW truly is the 'Narnia Wardrobe' of the album....but into a dark black forest.....
  • The strings still eviscerate me.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • How nice to bring up this thread, Iuv. I have stil mmmaaaannnnyyyyyy "old" threads to read on this forum. I'm afraid I never will be able to catch up with you guys...

About Drew, then. The strings still get to me too. For some weeks now, I consider Drew to be the best track on TOU, together with Clay. The sudden ending of Clay leaves me literally breathless.
  • I concur.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • There is an ABBA track in The Visitors album called with a name that has a similar string arrangement, you know the cellos when Alison's going down the stairs and the phantoms appear.
  • ABBA ?!?!?! Please please please don´t say that, TOU just made me forget Head First...
  • cliché
    noun [C] /kliˈʃeɪ, klɪ-/

Definition
    › an idea or expression that has been used too often and is often considered a sign of bad writing or old-fashioned thinking:
    The story is shamelessly corny, and grownups will groan at its clichés.

[cfr. Cambridge Online Dictionary of American English.]

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!