Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 566 Comments sorted by
  • i had a quick go too, but there were several lines i didn't get anything for.
    i hear "pull up the blinds" rather than 'follow the plants'

and "you me and the moon we burned and crashed" rather than 'we're bounding into grass'

but you had a better stab at it than me...
  • thanks, I really don't know what I've written in certain lines ... 
  • I'm rationing myself

Sad to say, Carpy, but I have to agree with you.  Sitting in front of a PC is not my favorite venue for listening.  Taking a very long walk with ToU will be bliss.

Errr, hope that came out right.  Ummm, not sad to agree with you, just sad that your assessment matched mine.
    :D
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-15 13:54:04
  • ping said:

i hear "pull up the blinds" rather than 'follow the plants'

me too
  • Apologies if its a bit 'swede dreams are made of cheese'.....

Pull up the blinds
    Open the door all wide
    Feel the cold arise
    In my bones

Put on my face
    I'll wear your dress tonight
    Feel like you tonight
    ??End my day??

Falling like the moon
    You burn and crash in dirty snow
    How do I ?????????
    Melt into Sunday

Remember the time
    We stood there by the lake
    Watching boats and planes
    Great white clouds

I smell the sweat
    I felt the sun ?again?
    Dreams are yours kid
    ??All through time??

Falling like the moon
    You burn and crash in dirty snow
    How do I ?????????
    Melt into Sunday

Pull up the blinds
    Open the door all wide
    Feel the cold arise
    In my bones

You, me and the Moon
    We burn and crash in dirty snow
    How do I ?????????
    Melt into Sunday

La La La
    ????

"its MY favourite song"
  • modified, thanks
  • Listening to this songs (over and over) reminds me that goldfrapp are just from another planet!
    Shame Youtube age restricted the video. Plenty of violent movie trailers are not subjected to this, I'll never understand why
    :-<
    My Goldfrapp fan website http://www.goldfrappmania.com
    My Facebook profile https://www.facebook.com/paolo.tozzo
  • Mirror said:

cliché
    noun [C]

"Irony"
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • paolot said:

Listening to this songs (over and over) reminds me that goldfrapp are just from another planet!
    Shame Youtube age restricted the video. Plenty of violent movie trailers are not subjected to this, I'll never understand why

Very well said, Paolot.  I was trying to think of a good way of saying it but you said it perfectly.  If you look closely, there really is no nudity, unless butt cheeks offends someone.
  • Watching it a third time, I get the odd impression that the Naked Trio represents children, or at least uninhibited innocence? They engage in pillow fights, leave the stairs cluttered like children normally would, play with toy planes--pretty much just frolic all throughout the video. Essentially, I think Alison is playing Drew, who is taking a walk down memory lane with past friends (just with the current image of his past friends).

Not that my interpretation is right LOL. I'd love to see what Alison/Will/Lisa have to say about the video's theme.
  • paolot said:

(...) Shame Youtube age restricted the video. Plenty of violent movie trailers are not subjected to this, I'll never understand why

There's more to come. As usual the video "is not available in Germany" any longer at all "because it may contain music for which GEMA has not granted the respective music rights."

Thank god there's vimeo!
    Post edited by HolyOwl at 2013-07-15 14:21:44
    Be patient.
  • thanks a lot for the lyrics :)
    Now I can enjoy both song and video 100%
  • Watching it a third time, I get the odd impression that the Naked Trio represents children, or at least uninhibited innocence? They engage in pillow fights, leave the stairs cluttered like children normally would, play with toy planes--pretty much just frolic all throughout the video. Essentially, I think Alison is playing Drew, who is taking a walk down memory lane with past friends (just with the current image of his past friends).

Not that my interpretation is right LOL. I'd love to see what Alison/Will/Lisa have to say about the video's theme.

I like that idea - seems to fit perfectly.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Thanx for the lyrics!!! :D 
  • The song is OK it'll grow on me i have no doubt as all great songs should do (im wary of the "instant classic" on first play syndrome) the video is,well its a bit too arty frankly having watched it a few times but given the fight Alison seemed to have to get the promo for rocket out this is great news its ready well in advance

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!