Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 566 Comments sorted by
  • Bells said:

The video for me well, not sure what sort of a message thats giving out but not to my liking at all. I just dont get what the necessity of being arty has to include nakedness! It doesn't tell me anything just cheapens it. Hey ho maybe it's just the way I've been brought up.

My interpretation is they're naked because they're either dead, imaginary, or just memories, which is why the keep appearing and disappearing in the video. When Alison walks into the room at the end of the video and see's herself standing at the window with the people in bed then begins to shed her clothes that's a sign that either she's died or she's entered her imaginary world again (either a fantasy world, a memory she wants to change, or some kind of split personality going on). But that's just my opinion.
  • rewak said:

Bells said:

The video for me well, not sure what sort of a message thats giving out but not to my liking at all. I just dont get what the necessity of being arty has to include nakedness! It doesn't tell me anything just cheapens it. Hey ho maybe it's just the way I've been brought up.

My interpretation is they're naked because they're either dead, imaginary, or just memories, which is why the keep appearing and disappearing in the video. When Alison walks into the room at the end of the video and see's herself standing at the window with the people in bed then begins to shed her clothes that's a sign that either she's died or she's entered her imaginary world again (either a fantasy world, a memory she wants to change, or some kind of split personality going on). But that's just my opinion.

That's along the lines I thought too, that she was shedding her clothes to give in to her yearning for her memories which, in effect, is what the figures are/were?
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

• @Bells I get where you are coming from.  I hate nakedness for the sake of it or in an objectifying crass way, see that Thicke plonker as an example *VOMIT*

This doesn't irk me the same way, I think it is nicely done & fits in well, even though something I am not usually fond of in a video.  

• Una said:

see that Thicke plonker as an example *VOMIT*

Oh god, just a bit! I can't believe all the web column inches that got and it's actually a really, really by-the-numbers track when you take the attention grabbing video away. Let's not mention that any more! :-&
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-07-15 13:01:14
  • Love the music, not keen on the video - too much like an ad for one of those unisex perfumes.

• rewak said:

You know i was swaying on this before, but i'm getting more and more certain Mirror is Corvina.

She already admitted she was Lisa.  But, who really cares.
  • perhaps the lyrics are needed to help better understand the story in the video. anyone got them?
  • I love the video because it does a good job of removing all of the inhibitions that people have about sex. 
  • Please, can somebody write down the lyrics? That would be great! Thank you all!!! 
  • Dreeke said:

troll
    noun 

Just lovely, Dreeke.  Thank you so much.
  • i wrote these down at work, but didnt e-mail it to myself :(
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Okay, this is probably a "Duh!" moment for me but, HJ, you can download from Youtube??!?!  Everything??  I don't see a button anywhere.
  • I'm rationing myself (always better not to hear singles too much before you hear the album so you don't unbalance the flow of it) but the more I do play it then the more I hear the differences in it's musical genetics from its obvious Goldfrapp musical parents.

The use of strings & orchestration in general is actually quite different than they've done before and the song structure (especially the latter half) is quite unusual for them on one of their own albums. It definitely moves from Goldfrapp parts to Goldfrapp Soundtrack parts and I think that gives it a good progression over it's length from the push that the changes bring it.

• rewak said:

( ...) When Alison walks into the room at the end of the video and see's herself standing at the window with the people in bed then begins to shed her clothes that's a sign that either she's died or she's entered her imaginary world again (...)

I think it's the latter, because immediately after that they cut to Alison/character riding the bike with that big, contented smile on her face, looking like she is thinking about something quite pleasant. 

Then again just my two cents...
    Post edited by HolyOwl at 2013-07-15 13:34:58
    Be patient.
  • I'm sure it's full of errors ...
    deleted to avoid confusion, the Tweety' one is much better

Post edited by Giancarlo at 2013-07-15 14:05:24

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!