Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 566 Comments sorted by
  • Wow, that was good!!!!

I loved the ass action as well ;)
  • Watched it again on viemo. Ok why am I thinking of that crap uk tv drama The chamomile lawn? Ugh! Remove this thought immediately. :-((
    Post edited by thathurt at 2013-07-15 16:56:42
  • Huh, where? If Mirror is Lisa, she must have been having a bunch of conversations with herself.

No, it's a good question.

.Yan, something Lisa said seemed like a clear indication.  I can't remember where but, I'm guessing it was Lisa's last, since I avoided the two from a shiny scratched surface like the plague.

Thanks for the help.  I figured I'd search Firefox add-ons menu for "Download Helper" or "Youtube".
  • You know, up until now, I wasn't terribly impressed with a lot of the vidoes, though a couple, like Pilots, were pretty fine.  But, this stuff?  Magnificent, so far.  Forget that, though, I am so dying to hear about the concert.  I have no doubt that it will blow one away and will be so very different from anything before.  In a very special way.  Hmmm, classier, perhaps, is the word I'm looking for?
  • I am prob way off but I am hearing this.

Pull up the blinds
    Open the door awide
    Feel the cold arrive
    In my bones

You, me and the Moon
    We burn and crash in dirty snow
    All to a sin we might as well
    melt into someday.

Not dissimilar to tweety all the same.
    Post edited by Cervus at 2013-07-15 17:14:48
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''

• Sorry but is it possible to not talk on about "who" particular board members are who wish to possibly remain anonymous/infamous on EVERY THREAD. Its getting quite dull.
  • Pilots vid, the micro scooter at the airport? Oh nice. And I liked the one where she was hitting a conifer in the back garden. Hmm Lovely head?
  • Sorry, I'll try to avoid.  Somebody brought it up and, I"m sorry, but I just don't understand why people that are not fans are on here.  What a buzz kill.  What's the point?  Rhetorical question.  NOT looking for an answer.  'Nuff said.  Probably more than enough.

Yeah, that Pilots..  To me, videos should be just as high art as the music and it is seldom that I see any that are worthy of that term.  ToU looks like it's there.  I was always dying to do some with cartoons for videos.  There's a song by Traffic, "Low spark of high heeled boys" that I always envisioned an awesome video for.  Or, this song by Maroon 5.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-15 17:23:09
  • Thanks for the help.  I figured I'd search Firefox add-ons menu for "Download Helper" or "Youtube".

Whickwithy: the Firefox add-on you want is Flash Video Downloader 3.9.3  I've just used it to download the film. Lovely it is too. The discarded underwear on the staircase made me smile. Unencumbered good times indeed :)
  • Cervus said:

I am prob way off but I am hearing this.

Pull up the blinds
    Open the door awide
    Feel the cold arrive
    In my bones

You, me and the Moon
    We burn and crash in dirty snow
    All to a sin we might as well
    melt into someday.

Not dissimilar to tweety all the same.

we will just have to wait for the lyrics book :(
    "its MY favourite song"
  • tweety said:

we will just have to wait for the lyrics book :(

There is part of me that sort of doesn't want one....although clarification could be nice there is something to be said for the not knowing and them being slightly indecipherable even if only partly :)
    Post edited by Cervus at 2013-07-15 17:32:14
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • I love how everybody keeps hearing different lyrics. It's so funny how a voice and a song so beautiful can pronounce words so uncannily unhearable. It's like she sings through her nose with a lot of air thrown in. It produces questionably sung lyrics that are supposed to tell stories we do not understand without reading the lyrics. Yet it doesn't butcher the song or the feeling of the essence at all. That is strange yet truly remarkable. She communicates in between the lines, in the melody, the arrangement, the strings, the visuals, the breathing in and out. It is there where I find more depth to the story than the unhearable lyrics.

Am I still making sense?
    On a sidenote: there are better songs than Drew on the album so launching the album with it as a single was kind of a surprise to me. The entire album is gorgeous, but Drew as a first would not have been my choice. It would have been a different song. But that said, to me this is not a 'singles' album. The album as a whole stands very strong as a strangely coherent narrative, lifting pieces from it (which you cannot avoid in the music industry) is almost like cutting a paragraph from a book and presenting it on its own.

I can't wait for the Box. I hope they put Lee and C-Tune on it as bonuses. More Tales please.
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Stranger said:

She communicates in between the lines, in the melody, the arrangement, the strings, the visuals, the breathing in and out. It is there where I find more depth to the story than the unhearable lyrics.

Am I still making sense?

Most definitely yes! :)
  • @Stranger you have the lyrics don't you....
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Stranger said:

Am I still making sense?

Very much so.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!