Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 566 Comments sorted by

• This may be due to HTML5 incompatibilities with IE, as rewak mentioned.

A slow link will do it, also.  I have trouble with YouTube on crazy low resolution...

The coders failed to put a fall back flash video in the code . Fail . 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

Eh?  I just updated Firefox and Adobe Flash and it's still slow as a snail...
  • Joey said:

Alison looks absolutely stunning in it. The woman does not age. <3

That she doesn't!  She has THE most dainty & beautiful features.

Well I have had DREW on repeat all afternoon, it is BEAUTIFUL.  The rush you feel as the strings build & crescendo **goosebumps**

The video is gorgeous, day dreamy.  I love the location, old grand houses are just so full of atmosphere.  I want to be there!!

I feel so lucky to be going to Manchester.  BOTH nights.  YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
  • Does anyone know if I need a different add-on besides Shockwave flash to access the video on the Goldfrapp site?
  • Flash isn't whats used on the website, WEBM HTML5 is, that's why it's slow as all hell. If they had used Flash like sensible people and like everyone else it would work a lot better.

• Sartori said:

Eh?  I just updated Firefox and Adobe Flash and it's still slow as a snail...

I use a beefed up version of Chrome , "Comodo Dragon" that played perfectly , I also have "Comodo Icedragon" which is a beefed up Firefox , that stalled until I ok`ed the script to run , you dont by any chance have a plugin called "noscript" running ? or any security plugins , they`ll stop it . 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Rather than watch it on the actual Goldfrapp website, the same video - in a choice of resolutions - is on youtube here. As I said, I was able to download the HiDef MP4 file from youtube - it's about 75MB.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-07-15 11:46:48
  • Well, I finally got it running on the site after downloading the latest Firefox.  It's playing ng pretty well.  But, I don't see the button for downloading it to a file, which was the main reason I wanted to get it from the site.  Any help?
  • Good Lord, but she's gorgeous!  Whew!
  • Got it!! Woohooooo!!!!
  • oh hello mirror. what do you think of the track then?
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Erm, well it's pretty much 7T if anything. It will take a few listens to get used to it. I will listen to it without watching the video.
    The video for me well, not sure what sort of a message thats giving out but not to my liking at all. I just dont get what the necessity of being arty has to include nakedness! It doesn't tell me anything just cheapens it. Hey ho maybe it's just the way I've been brought up.
    Overall initial thoughts is I'm not blown away but disappointed. I'll probably change my thoughts by Thursday but going to take a LOT of convincing
    I wonder if I can still cancel the overpriced deluxe box set???? :-? :-q
    Post edited by Hells_Bells at 2013-07-15 12:34:23
  • So good.
  • 4/5 listens get's the thumbs up from me, I like, love in fact the darker image, exactly the opposite to the  last offering (whic I also like/love). Nicely arranged, epic sound, it might be compared to as a bit 7T/FM but it sounds different to these ears at any rate, a new era for Goldfrapp again and I love it....
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • thats a shame you're not keen Bells  :(
    were you not that taken with 7T either?

i think the thing with nudes is they represent an unfettered image, for me i see a memory, one thats unspoiled by the drudgery of every day life or reality. a moment in time thats remembered as one of those 'perfect' moments. i think the songs quite sensuous and for me the video fits that well. but hey... we all take different things from what we see and hear. 
    Post edited by ping at 2013-07-15 12:53:09

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!