Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • Well well done anyway. You have the perfect weather to celebrate too hey?
    Tears just started over you but I'm not over you...
    www.myspace.com/queenadreenauk
  • Absolutely!!
    Be patient.
  • HolyOwl said:

Media Production.

Does that mean you can make videos and movies and stuff?
  • Actually, came here to say that I feel lovely after listening to the new tune.

• Does that mean you can make videos and movies and stuff?

Among other things, yep!
    Question is now: who will let me do this or better, pay me for doing this? ;p
    Post edited by HolyOwl at 2013-07-15 17:30:41
    Be patient.
  • HolyOwl said:

Does that mean you can make videos and movies and stuff?

Among other things, yep!
    Question is now: who will let me do this or better, pay me for doing this? ;p

Hahaha!  Sounds like you like it so much that pay is a secondary concern.  If so, Kudos to you!!!  Ask Goldfrapp or, should I say, Mute.  Especially if you are around London.  Job you like, tunes you surely like.  The worst that could happen is they say no!

Congrats, by the way...
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-15 17:39:19
  • so. a few days ago i got laid off. i was happy. i hated the job. liked the people. hated the job.

so anyway, today was my last day. 12hrs of pure hell. half an hour towards the end of the shift, my line runner comes over to me and hands me a letter. and explains that my contract has been renewed, but i will be moving department. different shift pattern etc. starts tomorrow...

i was very much happy with leaving the place behind for good and just trying to find something else. but what with the job market as it is right now, and my CV not really packed full of truly amazing specific skills, i know id probably struggle.

i don't want the job. but i kind of know i should take it.

URGH..............
  • Ah, a tough choice indeed Cookie, but I'd say it's better to be looking for a job while you have a job.

Better than nothing, literally.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

• Hahaha!  Sounds like you like it so much that pay is a secondary concern.  If so, Kudos to you!!!  Ask Goldfrapp or, should I say, Mute.  Especially if you are around London.  Job you like, tunes you surely like.  The worst that could happen is they say no!

Congrats, by the way...

Thank you.

Yes this would be a dream come true, working for production companies like Colonel Blimp, who did several vids for the Frapp. And of course pay would be a secondary concern with such a chance, however one should not say that out loud actually.

Plus considering (not only) the recent job market ( @cookiee_munster , really a harsh decision! I could not agree with Carpy more, what's more, I assume it's better than an okay-ish job with colleagues that suck?) one cannot afford these trains of thought. 
    Post edited by HolyOwl at 2013-07-15 18:15:57
    Be patient.
  • HolyOwl said:

And of course pay would be a secondary concern

I knew it!  Well, good luck with your prospects!  (shhh!  I promise not to tell!)
  • Boy, do I know how you feel, Cookie-Munster.  The real bone-crusher is that you had gotten yourself set for one situation and, wham!, everything changes.  Best to just wash that out of your brain as best you can....unless money is no object.  Which is not true for most of us.  I know it's hard to make that u-turn but, hmmm, I hope y'all don't mind a story.  While I was in asia (alot) I had to eat some really weird food.  And, believe me, I used to be nothing but a meat and (rarely) potatoes kind of guy.  Well, I found out how much the people like it when you eat their local food, so I did.  Or, as I remember Chinese diver in the olympics once saying, "I just can't wait to get back home and eat some chicken feet!".  I guess my point is, it's all in the mind set and what you get yourself psyched/prepared for.  One can (and must) get in the right frame of mind to make it all feel okay.

Errr, hope that made some sense...and, of course, was helpful.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-15 19:10:55
  • There's a job going at my place! New girl started today. Two and a half hours in she left for a break and didn't come back.

My job is EXTREME. WE WILL WEED OUT THE WEAK AND INFERIOR!

(Retail department store, y'all)
  • not so good got slight sun-stroke from yesterday & now i've got 2 mouth ulcers.....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Bad cramp attack in my right calf, damn you hot weather and your human wearying side effects.
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Coooookie, take the job, I have to do application sifts . And to expand on Carpys point, I suspect people who are out of work are applying for the wrong reasons ie they want any job, which means they'll move on and I'll have to do another sift and interview people again.
    They might make first sift but second, they're in the bin , if there are to many applicants. That's just the training I was given.
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!