Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • Cervus said:

Apprehensive....really not looking forward to seeing the state play at work today. Mental note I must start looking for a new job properly. Need to get out of retail else I think I might explode.

There's always teaching.

What's that mean--seeing the state play?
    Post edited by iuventus at 2013-07-17 02:00:02
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • iuventus said:

There's always teaching.

What's that mean--seeing the state play?

Sorry it was meant to read 'state of play' have tweaked post now.

Teaching???......I suppose that would depend what I would be teaching....have always done what I have done so the rut is most definitely where I am stuck.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • .....omg..... Today's the day....
  • Cervus said:

Sorry it was meant to read 'state of play' have tweaked post now.

Teaching???......I suppose that would depend what I would be teaching....have always done what I have done so the rut is most definitely where I am stuck.

Do they not have agricultural education in the pre-college status schools? (I still don't quite understand the British education system.) Do you have a university degree in literature, history, math, or any such subject?

I'm still not sure what you mean by state of play. Do you mean the daily bullshit?
  • Basically yes...just how everything will unfold upon his return today.

I went through a very bad period of schooling when I was in my early teens, bullying etc etc .....yawn..... and therefore don't have the required qualifications that I would no doubt need. I went straight into work at 16 so higher education passed me by for one reason or another.  I did look into becoming a classroom assistant at one point so maybe I should try that avenue again.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Could you not enter university at this time?
  • I agree... Never too late to take a new direction.... I got into nursing to escape a soul destroying dead end job....
  • chokka said:

I agree... Never too late to take a new direction.... I got into nursing to escape a soul destroying dead end job....

And I thought you were just a lad finishing up studies at the university. I really should read up on the British school system on Wikipedia.

I didn't go (back) to college 'til I was nearly 28.
  • iuventus said:

Could you not enter university at this time?

Finacially I doubt that would work unfortunately. Just have to stick it out until something better arises. I really need to anyway as I cannot keep humping BBQs and massive sets of furniture around on my own when I head towards 50.
    Post edited by Cervus at 2013-07-17 02:33:42
  • I am.

Well my studies wrap up in September I'm still on placement at the mo.
    I'm 31 dear..... Hence my comment.
  • chokka said:

I am.

Well my studies wrap up in September I'm still on placement at the mo.
    I'm 31 dear..... Hence my comment.

:) I have 10 years on you......right had better get the hounds walked.
  • Well dude the oldest student on my intake was 57 so age isn't a barrier!
  • Cervus said:

when I head towards 50.

Surely, you have years left before you reach 50; and I'm sure you'll be just as fit as you are now when you do.

chokka said:

I'm 31 dear...

You don't look a day over 25, mijo.

Does this mean you'll be a nurse in September?
  • Aww flatterer... You actually remember what I look like right?
  • Too well, sweetcheeks.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!