Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • the management at my place have gone very quiet which probably means we are doomed, but what do I care, I'm off till Monday now. hope things aren't too stressful Carpy. I will bring special tea.
    "its MY favourite song"
  • There shall be hugs and tea all round.

A fresh box of my favourite apple & cinnamon has been purchased and packed.

The hugs I'll just carry in my pockets.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Ah you guys need to go to patisserie valerie and cake out....
  • @The_Carpathian
    Under the circumstances you have no need to ask for people to cut you slack....sounds like a horrid day all around for you. It is always hard when these things happen but sometimes they open up new opportunities ((hugs)) all round :) (to clarify, that was certainly not to sound like I was making light of the situation :( )

I myself am intrigued to find out what tomorrow holds at work as the guy that escaped from being selected for redundancy is back tomorrow.....I feel there may well be a reaction due to his 'team' being reduced by one he may have to actually DO some work!. I think all hell is going to break loose.....hope everyone there keeps their cool, he has been known to get slightly violent.
    Post edited by Cervus at 2013-07-16 16:32:51
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''

Handy tip. Don't trust anything HR tell you thick bunch of bastards.
    Your faithfully
    Hells Bells
    HR Administrator :)]

Wow never thought id hear one of em admit. I know as a union rep that HR are the spawn of the devil but no one usually admits it.

I feel quite unwell today which I believe is karma for a descusion I made last week. That or 2 weeks without sleep as its stil 30 degrees in me fookin flat #:-S
  • Hope you can put the not-so-good stuff aside Carpy, and enjoy a blissful couple of days in the company of Ali & Will, and... well, us lot! I think the last time I saw you was union chapel 2008? Time flies!
    I've had a very stressful weekend, but things have settled down now at the guesthouse. I'll have to stay "on call" while I'm away, but am determined to enjoy this special, unique frappevent! :)
  • You could accidently switch your phone off between 7 and 10pm for example.
  • Hope you have a great time, all - but especially Carpie and anyone who is having a rough time.

Me, I shall be doing my own gig a la Folklore, using some spoons,  weirdy electronic noises and medication.
  • I have no doubt that the next two days will overcome any setbacks.  Y'all have fun, don't faint from the awesomeness of it and remember to breathe!
  • thathurt said:

Handy tip. Don't trust anything HR tell you thick bunch of bastards.
    Your faithfully
    Hells Bells
    HR Administrator :)]

Wow never thought id hear one of em admit. I know as a union rep that HR are the spawn of the devil but no one usually admits it. 
    Im actually one of the nice ones in HR as I dont get to sack people or make them redundant. I just get to rant about why is my bonus non-existent and when am I going to get a decent payrise. I do also do some work as well  
    :^o
  • Our HR dept. could of dug the Channel Tunnel as they're so good at undermining us .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I just sent a stern reprimand to one of our HR reps.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • 4 damn bloody mouth ulcers ~X(
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Today I feel fantastic:
    1. Goldfrapp concert tomorrow! (and the day after tomorrow; and Saturday too!)
    2. Gay marriage bill has passed.

Now I only need a husband, and for the heat to fucking stop already.
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • Apprehensive....really not looking forward to seeing the state of play at work today. In some weird, twisted way I hope the guy looses it and walks out as that would make life so much easier for everyone else esp his team, although since they now have their backs against the wall I don't think they will be holding back anymore and with any luck they will stop doing what is essentially HIS job due to him bullying them into doing it all for him. Mental note I must start looking for a new job properly. Need to get out of retail else I think I might explode.
    Post edited by Cervus at 2013-07-17 02:03:28
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!