Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • Got ear drops from the doc earlier. She looked in my right ear and went "Ooooooh, blimey!" which isn't the phrase you want a medical professional to say. The course is 4-7 days so could bump into gig-listening.

Might experience MIF with 1.6 ears!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • If they're sensitive you could buy sound reducing ear plugs? You're supposed to wear them at gigs anyway but really who does? Mind you it's not like you're going to hear stompers like Strict and Train or anything, it should be fairly gentle going.
  • Aye.

Daft as it may sound, I like the idea of going to a frapp show where I don't hear Train, Strict Machine or Ooh La La.
  • chokka said:

Aye.

Daft as it may sound, I like the idea of going to a frapp show where I don't hear Train, Strict Machine or Ooh La La.

I'm sending a vet around ;)

"Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Hahah! Don't get me wrong I love them but I've heard those songs at all the shows I've been to. I want a show where there is a different atmosphere....
  • I'd like to hear them remade/rearranged with an orchestra though
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I hear you there. Mind you, you could argue the majority of their songs could easily be reworked with an orchestra.... :-c
  • I can't recall the tracklist from Cecil Sharpe House mind you,
  • Yes, they'd work well. With the acoustics of a church, I'd bet on a few damp eyes
  • its the damp pants that Im betting on
    Post edited by tweety at 2013-07-11 18:17:32
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Careful! Cervus has the monopoly on damp clothing.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Is there really such a thing as Tena Men, or did sartori mock that up??
  • rewak said:

If they're sensitive you could buy sound reducing ear plugs? You're supposed to wear them at gigs anyway but really who does? Mind you it's not like you're going to hear stompers like Strict and Train or anything, it should be fairly gentle going.

Having 1.6 ears or 2.0 ears will make no difference really - I'll be there and the rest of me will be enjoying it enough to compensate for the missing 0.4 :D
    chokka said:

Actually, it doesn't sound daft at all. That'll be what the tour later in the year will be for so this pair can be as different as they like to really make a statement. I'm hoping that's exactly the case - new TOU + mostly downtempo rarely played stuff.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • A little rough around the edges today but i guess thats what the beer in the fridge is for :-L
  • boiling-point.....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!