Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 566 Comments sorted by
  • The websites a mess, i've said that since it opened, HTML5 is a pile of crap mister web designers! You aren't supposed to play with crap, drop it, wash your hands and start doing something sensible!
  • Low said:

maybe it'll just take a while to update. Whenever the trailer was uploaded, I still saw the old portal site for about an hour before it changed.

Depending what browser you have it might be worth trying the equivalent "Reload Web Page" option.
    It's CTRL+F5 on some browsers.

Alternatively, it might be the DNS tables (ie the way the internet routes from what you type to the destination) still resolving if they are switching between a WIP server for the site and a live one when changes are made.

Hope one of those helps!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • This link should work.

http://t.co/UNRuMWfDCP

Otherwise, go to the goldfrapp site (little things) or twitter and find the note that says, "“#Drew is here. Enjoy. http://t.co/UNRuMWfDCP” and hit the link.

I'm just guessing because that link is taking forever to download...but, I'm pretty sure that's it...

The only reason I'm responding is that I understand how much it could be drivng you crazy, as it is me waiting for the darned thing to load.
  • @The_Carpathian

Cranked up to full volume it is all consuming....the visuals are stunning but take them away and it works on so many levels you may burst.
    Post edited by Cervus at 2013-07-15 08:06:24
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • OMG i so love the video and the track, so excited.

• If the site isn`t updating (I mean the site goes to the old video - not waiting like Rewaks and HJs points above and below) , its not the sites fault or the designers , its probably that your ISP is caching pages instead of refetching them - only when your ISP allows the cache to update will your page update when you visit it .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-15 08:45:42
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Can I just repeat, for anyone waiting for the video to load - on the Goldfrapp website... if you are using Internet Explorer (IE 10 in my case)... I waited a long time and it never appeared. (No amount of refreshing helped.) Whereas with Firefox (ver 20), it loaded/played within seconds.

This may be due to HTML5 incompatibilities with IE, as rewak mentioned.

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-07-15 08:38:22
  • (For the record: remember my leaked lyrics and the people who said they were fake? There. Drew video proves they were not). Love this video. LOVE this album. Can't wait for the concert in my country. Can't wait for the box. This is going to be one good Goldfrapp ride.
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • happy frappers :) :D ;) :x :P
    "its MY favourite song"
  • this song is amazing!!! it feels magical like seventh tree did
    Aaron
    facebook.com/omgitsaaronnnx
  • Any word on a single release and a promo cd-r with an instrumental and an edit on it like Melancholy Sky had before its release? Perhaps it will even include one of the recorded songs that didn't make it on the regular edition of the album as a b-side?
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Sartori said:

".....in my bones" , just as she turns away , most beautiful .

PERFECTION. Say no more. Alison, Will, Lisa: Well done! 
    I think the song comes closest to Monster Love and Paper Bag which is utterly brilliant.

But I also think they can and certainly will amaze us even more!
    Be patient.
  • Bells said:

Why do they always do this knowing people are at work fuckers??
    Yet again won't see this and be behind everyone else by the time I get to comment on it!! Annoying. Back to work. ~X(

Go and listen to it on your phone in the toilet. Tell them you're going for a big poo, then that'll explain the time taken and no one will follow you ;)

• This may be due to HTML5 incompatibilities with IE, as rewak mentioned.

A slow link will do it, also.  I have trouble with YouTube on crazy low resolution...
  • I'll watch this later today when Hubby gets back. But it's lovely to see all the comments! Very exciting.
    Tears just started over you but I'm not over you...
    www.myspace.com/queenadreenauk

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!