Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 566 Comments sorted by
  • tweety said:

the lyrics are so good and fit the arrangement so well, so many memories of love gone by. I think I've got them all down on the fifth or sixth listen!

I'm so looking forward to Wednesday, going to be crying tears of joy all week...

They certainly know exactly how to prick my recollections, I had not expected to feel like this about it. I think that has surprised me more than anything else.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Is there anywhere to download or buy Drew in high quality? Can't keep playing the video all day, as much as I want to.

• Cervus said:

tweety said:

the lyrics are so good and fit the arrangement so well, so many memories of love gone by. I think I've got them all down on the fifth or sixth listen!

I'm so looking forward to Wednesday, going to be crying tears of joy all week...

They certainly know exactly how to prick my recollections, I had not expected to feel like this about it. I think that has surprised me more than anything else.

not felt like this since Monster Love at beachy head on my honeymoon.

goldfrapp just has this way of transporting me...
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Cervus said:

That's interesting, Cervus, the point about memories.  Even without understanding the lyrics (the first few times!!), there's a sense of reminiscence, like autumn..
  • Woohooo!  It's on Laverne.
  • Lauren has just said that "Drew" will be released on Sept 2nd

Wait. that's not news, is it?

Post edited by whisperit at 2013-07-15 06:14:36
  • @tweety. Yes they do, I am just surprised that it had quite the reaction that it did as the song did not exist at any of the points it is referencing. It is transporting me straight there having hit my emotions full on and now it already feels like it was there somewhere all along.

Babbling now :)
    Post edited by Cervus at 2013-07-15 06:14:50
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • whisperit said:

Lauren has just said that "Drew" will be released on Sept 2nd

Wow That's a bit far away.
    Forgive me, Goldfrapp, but in the meantime I may need to come into possession of this song through... other means.

• First reaction very positive that is all I will say but I am hungry for repeated listening
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • September 2nd? That's.....dumb. Unless there's a b-side present next to no ones going to buy a single for an album out a week later, especially when they've been hearing it for a month and a half beforehand.
  • All I heard was that the album is out Sept 9....
  • ^ Lauren said drew is released on sept 2nd.

Yeah @rewak the release dates do seem a bit odd.
  • ^Maybe my ears have gone mental.

It would be odd to preview a "new single" 6 weeks before its released.....

Did anyone else hear this?
  • whisperit said:

^Maybe my ears have gone mental.

It would be odd to preview a "new single" 6 weeks before its released.....

Did anyone else hear this?

I thought I heard it too.
    I hope she's wrong though...

But wasn't Rocket meant to be released a week before Head First, before the massive leak?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!