Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Seventh Tardis - The Doctor Who thread
  • 271 Comments sorted by
  • Oh no, maybe you can sneak off and watch it, it's not just the episode there is a whole list of programmes scheduled:

• The Anniversary Special itself, which has been named The Day of the Doctor and will be 75 minutes long.
    • The 90 minute drama An Adventure in Space and Time
    • A BBC Two lecture by Professor Brian Cox on the science behind the hit show
    • A Culture Show special by Matthew Sweet, entitled Me, You and Doctor Who
    • A BBC Radio 2 documentary entitled Who is the Doctor?
    • A repeat run of a restored version of the very first story, An Unearthly Child, on BBC Four
    • A primer to the series with Doctor Who: The Ultimate Guide

All sounds great to me ;)

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Oh, I only knew about half of what you just mentioned! More things to look forward too :D
    And I'll definitely find a way to watch it ;) My brother will celebrate more birthdays, I assume.
  • Oh, thanks for that list. I didn't know about the Cox one.

The drama features David Bradley as William Hartnell (1st Doctor). Not a bad likeness...

Very True Halloween Jack, much more so than Richard Hurndall who played
    him in the 20th anniversary special The Five Doctors way back in 1983. I
    think David Bradley captures more of what a troubled soul Bill Hartnell
    was (very well documented), Richard Hurndall was too gentile in his
    portrayal, he died shortly after the Five Doctors I do believe. David
    Bradley is also the exact age Hartnell was when he took on the role, I
    am sure he will give a stunning performance.
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-09-28 19:34:06
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • I've only just noticed the words Billie Piper on the poster.  Even more exciting now!
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • Saw them filming again last Tuesday evening . Didn`t look too closely as I was trying to drive a car at the time .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Presumably that would be either the xmas special or the start of the new era....
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • This document is exactly 50 years old today! Ahhh, gives me a warm feeling inside (oh shut up!)

• No don't shut up. I think the TARDIS console is seriously one of the most original and beautiful designs ever. I was totally captivated by the TARDIS console as a kid. Best designs ever have been the original as seen in Sparky's image, my era the 80's console, the one for Ecclestone/Tennant and I actually quite like the current one, though I hated the design when Matt Smith took over, what they have now looks much better ;)

It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • I love the Pickwoad Tardis. That's why it's in the header image for this thread. Magical and functional.

• It's a re-creation
    My imagination

• Can't wait for tomorrow's announcement! I've never seen such a buzz in Who Land - great build up to the 50th...

• Sparky said:

Can't wait for tomorrow's announcement! I've never seen such a buzz in Who Land - great build up to the 50th...

Yeah, I am obviously excited about the prospect of missing Who turning up, but am confused as to what is actually happening. I guess we will know more after the announcement which has apparently been postponed until Thursday
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • It's been confirmed! But is it 9 episodes or 90? After reading exhaustive threads on Gallifrey Base I reckon there's a tv station somewhere which had a complete set of Hartnells and Troughtons. Wouldnt that be amazing?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24448063

• Yeah I am quite skeptical about 90 episodes turning up, but would of course love to be proven wrong. I guess we will know for sure in the next couple of days. I personally would love to see the Patrick Troughton story 'Fury From The Deep' returned to the archives, from what I have seen of the very few clips surviving and the audio soundtrack, this was one of the creepiest Who stories ever. It would also be nice for the Troughton Dalek stories to be fully recovered, but seriously anything would be nice ;)

It's a re-creation
    My imagination

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!