Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Seventh Tardis - The Doctor Who thread
  • 271 Comments sorted by
  • Personally I much preferred Russel T Davies as show-runner than Stephen Moffat, I can't help feeling he needs to move on and give someone else a chance really.

Totally agree.  :)
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • I don't think anyone out there could have made Doctor Who the success it was besides Russel T. Question is who would be a sensible choice to replace Moffat? ;)
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline

• Question is who would be a sensible choice to replace Moffat? ;)

JJ Abrams.  :P
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.

• Question is who would be a sensible choice to replace Moffat? ;)

Oh dear, I feel the same way that Sheldon Cooper does about him, besides the fact he ruined his own creation with an extremely bad ending I don't highly rate his take on the Star Trek franchise, so I hope not ;) (it would never happen anyway ;) )

Question is who would be a sensible choice to replace Moffat? ;)

Question is who would be a sensible choice to replace Moffat? ;)

It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Given his experience and commitment to the show I would be quite happy for Mark Gatiss to take over as show-runner, whilst not a break with the past I would be interested to see a Doctor Who even more under his influence, I think he really gets it anyway.
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Given his experience and commitment to the show I would be quite happy for Mark Gatiss to take over as show-runner, whilst not a break with the past I would be interested to see a Doctor Who even more under his influence, I think he really gets it anyway.

Is he doing so? I understand he's been somehow involved lately, but I really haven't kept up since the reboot. I easily could have seen him as the Doctor, too.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • iuventus said:

Is he doing so? I understand he's been somehow involved lately, but I really haven't kept up since the reboot. I easily could have seen him as the Doctor, too.

He's written a good few episodes since the shows return in 2005, he was even in one episode (not one he wrote). I like him anyway and possibly not a bad choice for Doctor, I seem to recall he played the Doctor in a  comedy sketch with David Walliams years and years ago.
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • So, is he going to be running the show, or was that just a suggestion?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Oh no just a suggestion. It seems likely from what I have read that Stephen Moffat also plans to move on from Doctor Who, I think however he wants to oversee the introduction of Peter Capaldi, possibly his first season. I think we really are at a point of not knowing what the future holds for Doctor Who, the BBC are keen to cut back as much as they can, so the future of Doctor Who is always going to be uncertain with the BBC, especially with the history of killing it off in the past, but I can't honestly see DW ever really working outside of it's natural home with the BBC.
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Doctor Who BBC Prom today at 4 PM on BBC1 if anyone's interested? I am looking forward to the 'classic series' tribute personally.

It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Doctor Who BBC Prom today at 4 PM on BBC1 if anyone's interested? I am looking forward to the 'classic series' tribute personally.

I only got to see a part of this. I quite liked it! 
  • Me too Anoukvdm, I particularly liked the homage to the 'classic' series ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • We have a title for the anniversary episode then, The Day of The Doctor

photo DW1_zps5c92b087.jpg
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-09-10 20:00:29
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination

It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • I asked my brother to celebrate his birthday on a different day, so that I can watch that anniversary episode. He did not listen.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!