Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • Watch the grim but fast-moving Dirty Pretty Things for the the first time last night.

Audrey Tautou was wonderful as ever but some of the things they'd written for her character........ sigh.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Fast moving? I watched the first half hour or so of that movie and thought it was completely boring. That being said i wasn't really in the right frame of mind to take in something new, i should probably try it again, it was an impulse buy in a sale.

The last movie i watched was Preaching To The Perverted, good fun. Quite a few well known faces too for such risqué content (back in the day anyway), well known in the UK anyway being a British film. If you ever wanted to see that cute guy from Relic Hunter used as a pony this is the movie for you.
    Post edited by rewak at 2013-08-12 04:23:25
  • rewak said:

Fast moving? I watched the first half hour or so of that movie and thought it was completely boring. That being said i wasn't really in the right frame of mind to take in something new, i should probably try it again, it was an impulse buy in a sale.

Oh, it's certainly a "when in the right mood" film for sure. A lot seems to happen over the 90 min and it definitely accelerates as the film goes on.
  • Desperation

Crap Stephen King adaptation made for TV. Avoid.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Dreeke said:

Desperation

Crap Stephen King adaptation made for TV. Avoid.

Stephen King TV adaptations are so hit & miss, aren't they. I also go into watching one with high hopes then end up wondering how they missed the target....again.
  • Rush Hour 3
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Has anyone seen the Alan partridge movie yet? I think it translates well onto the big screen, it's different to the TV versions yet very recognisably Partridge, great stuff.
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Has anyone seen the Alan partridge movie yet? I think it translates well onto the big screen, it's different to the TV versions yet very recognisably Partridge, great stuff.

I've got my ticket for tonight - quite excited to finally see this happen!
  • Intouchables, such a great movie.
  • OUTBREAK starring Dustin Hoffman.
    It was kind of ... lengthy. But I am now afraid of every person coughing next to me.
    Be patient.
  • HolyOwl said:

OUTBREAK starring Dustin Hoffman.

It was kind of ... lengthy. But I am now afraid of every person coughing next to me.

Is that the one that starts with the little monkey? Haven't seen that for years!

If that's the effect it had on you then whatever you do, don't see recent-ish Steven Soderburgh "Contagion" !

• Itching to see this :D

"Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I've got my ticket for tonight - quite excited to finally see this happen!

I'm very envious as my friends want to go and see something else instead and so I may have to take a trip at the weekend and see it on my own.  Hope you enjoy it!  :)
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • I've got my ticket for tonight - quite excited to finally see this happen!

I'm very envious as my friends want to go and see something else instead and so I may have to take a trip at the weekend and see it on my own.  Hope you enjoy it!  :)

It's very good indeed, from the first scene to the credits rolling at the end.

Manages to be very Partridge, except bigger. Exactly what I wanted.
  • Glad you liked it Caprp, I couldn't see you not doing so to be honest. I love the way that whilst it doesn't really reference the past, it is not alienating towards either the hardcore Alan fan or someone coming fresh to it. I think it's quite a thought provoking movie as well as very funny.
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!