Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • I love the way that whilst it doesn't really reference the past, it is not alienating towards either the hardcore Alan fan or someone coming fresh to it.

There's actually quite a few quiet nods to the Alan-heads but, as you say, if they're not spotted newcomers won't be left out.

Vaguely spoilery thoughts, drag over to view:

Alan picking up the bass to make the hostage jingles immediately made me think of him playing air-bass to Numan in his caravan in the series, the mention again of him living in a caravan during the 'radio van chase' scene brought back his 'relationship' with Ukranian Sonja and his talk of nerves & melt-downs during corporate speeches with the police task force reminded me of the wonderful "Alan drugged up goes haywire" talk he attempted from the past series too.

All the references are in there and it's definitely a consistant universe between film & series but these things are really not shouted from the rooftops. I like that approach.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Well spotted there Carp, I hadn't thought of your points but agree. I'm a huge fan of Alan, and have never been disappointed by anything from Steve Coogan's alter-ego. I have been enjoying listening to a few of the radio episodes recently, classic stuff ;)

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Manages to be very Partridge, except bigger. Exactly what I wanted

Glad you enjoyed it Carpy (I saw your Twitter post and so had high hopes). I've managed to negotiate a trip on Bank Holiday Mon with some of my other friends (can't wait!).
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • Manages to be very Partridge, except bigger. Exactly what I wanted

Glad you enjoyed it Carpy (I saw your Twitter post and so had high hopes). I've managed to negotiate a trip on Bank Holiday Mon with some of my other friends (can't wait!).

Just go in expecting some Partridge and you'll be more than happy.
  • Scooby-doo 2 : monsters unleashed.. kiddish but funny as anything.... LOL :))
    Post edited by Jozzy81 at 2013-08-17 09:41:17
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Watched Dredd this afternoon, OK but not really my cup of tea too much violence which just isn't my thing really, found the movie quite claustrophobic and monotonous, though it wasn't entirely lacking any merits. I was never reading the comic strip and couldn't ever get that worked up about it, mindless, certainly not harmless entertainment, I guess it was visually well released and the parts were acted convincingly enough for what it is.

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • The Scorpion King.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • It's trashy, it's formulaic.....and oddly enough I rather liked it!

Finally got round to watching this:-

Far more known names in it than I first realised - Ellen Page, Kristen Wiig, Drew Barrymore, Juliette Lewis amongst others. Despite knowing it wasn't exactly a stretch to watch, it grabbed me enough to quite enjoy it.
  • Bedlam (1946, starring Boris Karloff)

• Is that the one that starts with the little monkey? Haven't seen that for years!

If that's the effect it had on you then whatever you do, don't see recent-ish Steven Soderburgh "Contagion" !

Yup that's the one!
    And thanks for the advice. ;)
    Post edited by HolyOwl at 2013-08-19 07:10:42
    Be patient.
  • Mean Girls
  • OBLIVION

i have to say, its one of my favourite sci-fi films of the last 10-15yrs. Joseph Kosinski should only be allowed to direct sci fi films from now on. his work on Tron Legacy was great, and Oblivion's "look" is just as slick. not to mention M83 supplying the soundtrack this time round. its great.
  • American Psycho....eh. It was like someone watched Videodrome, and then tried to remake it replacing the TV show with music, realised halfway through that it doesn't work, and just decided to blow shit up instead. Still, i saw Christian Bales dick, that was something.
    Post edited by rewak at 2013-08-19 21:02:59
  • Lord Of The Rings : The Two Towers....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • The Lone Ranger, I quite liked it but it was a bit too long I think.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!