Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • OBLIVION

i have to say, its one of my favourite sci-fi films of the last 10-15yrs. Joseph Kosinski should only be allowed to direct sci fi films from now on. his work on Tron Legacy was great, and Oblivion's "look" is just as slick. not to mention M83 supplying the soundtrack this time round. its great.

Just bought the Blu-ray and very pleased one of the options is with the M83 score isolated, like a film length video soundtrack album
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • In theaters: I saw The Conjuring last week. It was scary but it wasn't as scary as a lot of people made it seem. Some parts made me laugh out loud but i don't think it was intended to be funny?

at home: I watched the strangers earlier. (Another horror flick, i know) It was entertaining and definitely has a creepy factor to it.
  • I watched the 1942 Cat People last night, not for the first time.  A surprising thing was the famous scene where the arrival of a bus makes the viewer jump.  I knew I was coming up to the bus, and knew that it would only be a bus, but it still made me jump.
  • Pet said:

I watched the 1942 Cat People last night, not for the first time

Haven't seen that in a while but it's a great, great movie - actually quite ahead of it's time in terms of early horror and the traits that others would follow down the years afterwards. Being made to jump by something ordinary is one of those tricks for sure!
  • under seige 2.... on E4
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Saw Elysium last night - brilliant.

Neill Blomkamp is proving that he is an absolute genius at designing & selling a world or, in this case, two of them. Best robots ever - they're 106% believable.

Oh, and when it mentions 'gore' on the opening certificate page it's not joking - some very well done but rather viscerous moments!
  • Pet said:

I watched the 1942 Cat People last night, not for the first time

Haven't seen that in a while but it's a great, great movie - actually quite ahead of it's time in terms of early horror and the traits that others would follow down the years afterwards. Being made to jump by something ordinary is one of those tricks for sure!

Yeah, it still works.
  • Saw Elysium last night - brilliant.

Plan A to see Alpha Papa went wrong and so I'm resigned to buying it on blu ray. However I already have my ticket for Elysium on Bank Holiday Monday with some good friends at my favourite cinema.

I appreciate the review Carpy, I'm looking forward to it more now. :)
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • POTC : Dead Man's Chest.
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • jozzy81 said:

POTC : Dead Man's Chest.

Is that the one with lots of Captain Jack Sparrow's?

Post edited by mode_devotion at 2013-08-22 19:09:33
  • ^no davy jones & the kraken
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • I watched 1 and 3 at the cinema however I missed 2 and watched it after 3 and so it doesn't stick in my mind.
  • still need to see 3 & 4 i'm way behind on my movies :D
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Going for a double feature in a couple hours with a friend.

You're Next

And then hopping next door to see

The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones (confession time! I LOVE that series! I know they are for young adults and full of vampires and werewolves and demons and whatnot but I can't help myself. I'm also aware that the movie is probably a stinker but we have free passes for it so....)
    Post edited by hunter at 2013-08-23 23:32:17
  • Sightseers

This really packs a punch.
    impressed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!