Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • I actually liked I Know Who Killed Me. It had an creepy feel to it, like Giallo crossed with early 70s American low-budget art horror.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • the wizard of Oz. (1939)
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Saw the new Studio Ghibli, "From Up On Poppy Hill", in its Japanese/subs incarnation at the cinema on Monday night. Got something in my eye part way through. Honestly. That was what happened.

A gorgeous study of post-war Japan's desire to race forward with modernisation in the early 60's in time for the Olympics. Also, the direct & indirect effects of the Korea/Japan war on the generations that followed. Oh, and Japanese culture & etiquette in the home, school & work was wonderfully drawn out too.

All this told with a light boy meets girl coming-of-age movie complete with gorgeous painted 'sets', beautiful songs and quiet humour. Really got lost in it like you should in a good Ghibli release.

Two days later it's stayed with me more than I realised it might.

A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Devil (2010) jeezz....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....

• @The_Carpathian

"From Up On Poppy Hill"sounds very interesting, cheers must look out for that.

I saw The Wolverine at the cinema recently, it's not really my cup of tea, but I was quite impressed by the Nagasaki segment.
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-08-07 18:47:46
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Just about to watch the filmic titan that is...........SHARKNADO!

• How has this escaped my notice?
  • Watched it the other night, it only needed Steven Segal to tick every "so shit it's great" box (and preferably be eaten in the first five minutes if they could find a shark big enough to eat him)
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Watching Harry Potter with my Mrs and kids, then I'll be the ultimate er...great Dad and let or we..make them watch Aliens , "sleep well kids , remember to check under the bed for monsters"
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-08-10 15:15:05
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Hellz yez!

• cheek meat
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Sartori said:

Watched it the other night, it only needed Steven Segal to tick every "so shit it's great" box (and preferably be eaten in the first five minutes if they could find a shark big enough to eat him)

Just finished watching it. Ridiculous, in just about any positive/negative way you wish to apply the word.

Spoilers:-

Babes, dudes, blood, car chases, geeks, kids in jeopardy AND SHARKS VS TORNADOS VS HELICOPTER-BOMBS!

I loved the fact Tara Reid can't act better than a poor CGI shark :))
  • I watched Hammer Horror's The Gorgon last night, quite a dark and intense one, even if the creature isn't all that convincing the atmosphere is very much so.
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Just watched Dr. Terror's House of Horrors, truth be told it's one of my favorite films
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Epic with the kids. Smurfs 2 will be the next one i see.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!