Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp live in Bristol on Jun 23
  • 580 Comments sorted by
  • @tweety @Sartori thanks for explaining.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Una said:

I look forward to seeing it HJ. 

OK, here it is. It's just after 4:06 when she shouts "In time!".
    (Puzzled folk take note: this is NOT AT BRISTOL lol)

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-06-24 11:33:04
  • OMG, that was hilarious!! Thanks, Elliot.

I was almost like 'Wait, did she really wear that awful outfit at Bristol's???' until I saw your 'puzzled folk' comment. LOL
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • That was a fun video HJ. I have to say, it seems to me that the "In Time" reference is directed not so much at the dancers but, in answer to "how'd you get to...happiness" vis-a-vis "In Time"?! No? Maybe:)
    :D
    Anyway, back to Bristol, you lucky, lucky devils!!
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2013-06-24 12:15:44
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • A_is_A said:

That was a fun video HJ. I have to say, it seems to me that the "In Time" reference is directed not so much at the dancers but, in answer to "how'd you get to...happiness" vis-a-vis "In Time"?! No? Maybe:)
    :D
    Anyway, back to Bristol, you lucky, lucky devils!!

@A_is_A that totally makes sense now that I think about it! That's a really cool take on it. According to the video, the fans were stomping well in time indeed. So it really was Ali's answer to 'How'd you get to be happiness?'

Love it.

• Oh that is hilarious & quite bizarre!  
    I am not sure who or what the hell she is shouting 'IN TIME' at but it is just so loud and unexpected, hilarious :-))
  • What a great day that was! With the exception of cold weather - it was perfect!

I knew I was in trouble wearing shorts and a t-shirt when I checked the weather forecast while on the train to Bristol (and it was quite different from the one I based my outfit on!), but it was too late then.

Waiting outside the church was quite fun - it has a lovely community garden. Friendly guy from the venue shown the venue to me while the Goldfrapp's tour people were doing the soundcheck. Then I saw Angie (I think she recognised me :-S h-m-m), Charlie, and Will ("I-like-to-take-the-long-way-around") arriving. It was great to talk to fellow fans, although as usual I did not get to join the pub crowd as I was stuck in the queue :| (hopefully this will change in Manchester as I won't be rushing home right after the show!).

The show was very simple - no intro music, no show-y outfits (black suits for guys, black dressed for girls - very funeral chic), and setlist mostly of greatest hits. This also made it very unique! I don't think any shows they will play this year will be similar to this one. I was very happy to hear Slide In and Koko live for the first time (as I missed Supernature tour). No Black Cherry, but I can live with that (for now).

Band's interactions and general mood seemed to be very cheerful and high - which was great to witness. And with the addition of the new drummer it all seemed to be "clicking" very well :)

Oh, and I have a proper band member crush now! I know people on here tend to go to "Angie's side" or in front of Alison or I guess "Charlie's side" - and I wish there was "drummer's side" somewhere :) (or at least for Charlie and Davide not to block my view of him at the frigging time, r-r-r X( ).
    What's his name by the way? Do we know much about him?

I did not make any photos even during the less liked songs (e.g. Ooh La La) because I was that much "in the groove" - but I see most people rectified that :)

After the show, thanks to the kindness of @st185cs , I got home 5 hours earlier than I expected and I did not freeze anything :-D

P.S. Looking forward to Manchester shows and the premiere of the new album - I'm keeping myself unaware of any potential song leaks or anything like that as I want to experience new album live first!
    Post edited by alex_f at 2013-06-24 12:56:05
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • Great photo!
    Post edited by alex_f at 2013-06-24 13:14:40
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • Finally, some decent looking photos starting to show up.

Thanks @amf123.
  • Thanks again @amf123.
  • I'll post a few more through the evening.  Didn't realise I'd taken so many, they're going to need a lot of sorting!
    Post edited by amf123 at 2013-06-24 13:23:53
  • super shots amf :) looking at the angle you must have been stood right next to us! was it you I asked about the high angle picture of the set list before the gig?
    "its MY favourite song"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!