Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 127 Comments sorted by
  • I remember all of these. You were either an Addams family or Munster family person from memory. Rival networks. Even then, the media was dividing people into opposing groups.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Ponygurl said:

Hmm, it was the 80's..maybe it was Nick.

Maybe just reruns. You know, when I was a tyke, I thought I was watching the Brady Bunch, the Partridge family, the Munsters, Bewitched, etc. in their first runs. Even Batman, which had ended early the year I was born. Well, to be honest, I wouldn't have understood what reruns were

*Batman is great for teaching pun, as well as the influence of literature on pop culture. I got into trouble once for teaching a class what pussy willow was on account of Catwoman.

Ponygurl said:

My faves were the Black and White ones from the 50's and 60's.
    -Leave it to Beaver
    -My Three Sons
    -The Munsters
    -The Addams Family

I went through a phase during which I liked those. Now they're only slightly less annoying than 70s and 80s sitcoms (and the Patty Duke Show). The Addamses and the Munters I can handle on account of their quirkiness.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2015-04-14 20:35:19
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Batman will always be remembered by me as the show that moved us to TV trays for dinners at my brother's instigation.
  • b and W Flash Gordon. Ming used to have me shaking behind the sofa when I was 6. Funny, I reckon our Alison has a bit of the look of Dale?
  • I introduced my class to Willo The Wisp and Hartley Hare yesterday And they loved it! I'd forgotten how satirical WTW was...I mean, Mavis Cruett the fairy, too fat to fly!!!
    Check out YouTube....WTW Boring Old Edna, and Hartley Hare Goes To The Dentist ha ha!! Memories!!
  • For all the Avengers fans (where are you @Carpathian ?) I give you an Emma Peel montage set to the music of the Kinks. Hubbaaaaaaa!
  • This really was the King of 60's TV in my humble opinion. Emma Peel has always been my female idol since I was 7, which was a long long time ago. And John Steed has always been a shining example of manners and sauve good manners. Top Hole old chap!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!