Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 127 Comments sorted by
  • Did any of the American westerns make it over to the east side of the Atlantic?  "Gunsmoke" was about the most popular  They guy who played the cop was the brother of the original Mission Impossible TV show head honcho.  My favorite was "Maverick".
  • ^ Hmm, I'm not sure. (I was in the states til '71... I remember seeing 'Bonanza' when in US.)

Oh, 'Little house on the prairie' was on here, if that counts!

• Oh, 'Little house on the prairie' was on here, if that counts!

Hmmmm, I guess it would have to be considered western but that was long after the days where just about every other show was a western.
  • Neighbours pre 2008! Ah Neighbours.

The Golden Girls! Amazing, I think I dreamed about them last night? Not in a gross way. In a my mind made up an episode for me to watch way.

• zig and zag
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Susan Stranks! Goodness knows where that name has been stored in my head all these years!

You don't get presenters like that anymore...
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Thanks to discussions on this board I've managed to watch a couple of the surviving Doomwatch episodes, epic stuff, the plastic eaters is something else!
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • ah willo the wisp! I'm sure evil Edna was a send up of Margaret thatcher...
    "its MY favourite song"
  • tweety said:

ah willo the wisp! I'm sure evil Edna was a send up of Margaret thatcher...

Wasn't that Kenneth Williams doing the voice, what a great voice he had, but a very right wing bloke from my understanding.

Servalan in Blakes 7 was suppossed to be based on Margaret Thatcher too, in the first season (1978) she was Supreme Commander and by the end of the second season (1979) she was Madame President.

Blakes 7 is getting the remake treatment, I don't want to write it off without having seen it yet, but I can't see them reflecting the sociopolitical issues in the same way as the original, I hope I am proved wrong.
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-07-10 07:04:34
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • yep Kenneth Williams did all the voices.

I loved Blakes 7. orac was so retro...
    "its MY favourite song"
  • tweety said:

ah willo the wisp!

I've got the whole dvd of that and it's actually really, really funny with even some hidden features like it seeming that Evil Edna has broken your tv if you pick a certain option.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • brilliant :D
    "its MY favourite song"
  • That's one thing all these shows like old Doctor Who and Blakes 7 actually got right, the future is all about retro.
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • tweety said:

brilliant :D

You get Edna saying something like "I've taken control of your television and I'm going to make sure you don't watch this silly program any more" then there's a crackling noise, her laugh and the screen flashes then goes black. It stays like that until you hit select on your remote thus does the job nicely! :D
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!