Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
ADMIN PLEASE NOTE: Forum issues
  • 621 Comments sorted by
  • 325.The pages are too long by default , its wearing out my mouse wheel 
    326.The quoting system seems to operate on a 50/50 chance basis , sometimes it`ll work , othertimes it takes the quoted text outside the blue box , sometimes it adds your text to the blue box 
    327. A maximum size to signatures , there`s a couple already taking the piss . If your sig is bigger than the whole box of a one line post - its too bloody big
    328. Separate the posts by shades of white , it doesnt look clean and futuristic and 2013 , it looks basic and 1992 , it looks a bit of a mess to me . IE use two shades of off-white (see Dulux for ideas) , posts alternate these colours to differentiate at a glance . 

"Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

325.The pages are too long by default , its wearing out my mouse wheel 

326.The quoting system seems to operate on a 50/50 chance basis , sometimes it`ll work , othertimes it takes the quoted text outside the blue box , sometimes it adds your text to the blue box 
    327. A maximum size to signatures , there`s a couple already taking the piss . If your sig is bigger than the whole box of a one line post - its too bloody big
    328. Separate the posts by shades of white , it doesnt look clean and futuristic and 2013 , it looks basic and 1992 , it looks a bit of a mess to me . IE use two shades of off-white (see Dulux for ideas) , posts alternate these colours to differentiate at a glance . 

Sartori speaks truth.
  • 329. The board has font issues , yes it does
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-19 11:54:32
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

329. The board has font issues

Maybe it was dropped as a child by the vicar?

(sorry)
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • This is a job for the Joke Police ...if I could think of a punchline ....why am I in blue ?

329. The board has font issues
    Maybe it was dropped as a child by the vicar?

(sorry)
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-19 12:00:09
  • What would be really good is to make avatar sizes a bit bigger, a more obvious line between posts so that it doesn't all merge and user profile pages. Just make it look more like a messageboard. It doesn't really have a "community" look going on at the minute.
  • folklore said:

What would be really good.....

Spookily enough I'm here just to say that I try to start my posts with a line break and end it the same way too in order to hopefully make my posts easier to read.  I'm trying to get into the habit so I don't have to go back and edit my posts so often.  A previous poster made a very good suggestion when they mentioned alternating the background colours / shades in order to differentiate posts.

Having said that, look at the large space between my text and the quote above.  Went into 'Edit' to cut out what I thought was an extra line only to find there wasn't one, it's actually meant to look like that!  Seems like too big a gap to me but hey-ho.
    Post edited by softlad at 2013-06-19 20:16:36
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:10:26
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Be nice Stranger...be nice, heehee.. :)>-
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:10:41
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria

• I suspect not.  Best you could do I'd imagine is to reduce the amount of info volunteered by yourself on there to a bare minimum.  The amount of posts, when you joined etc all seems set in stone and accessible to all.  I don't even think you can make your profile private.  Someone else may be able to tell you different though.

• Can we have a URL field in the About section of our profiles? Thanks.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Right I have tried and tried yet I cannot post a video directly into this little box here!!! I can post links to it but not the actual 'still' from Youtube etc...have lost count on both hands trying...I NEED HELP!!!!!
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Copy -> Paste --> Post

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-23 05:45:21

• Shoelace tying and surviving a zombie outbreak tutorials coming up next 
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-23 05:46:01

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!