Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
ADMIN PLEASE NOTE: Forum issues
  • 621 Comments sorted by
  • Sartori said:

Copy -> Paste --> Post

I have tried that and all that happens is this??? :(

Post edited by Cervus at 2013-06-24 04:59:13
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • ^ It doesn't help that the line between post-and-signature is almost identical to the divider between posts.

I agree that it is difficult to read a thread without getting a headache.  Maybe I am just getting old or need glasses but I desperately want to be able to read threads with more ease!

Has anyone brought up email notifications before??  I have ticked the box to get them but don't.  I had the pop up thingy ticked too but I get nothing.  

I don't get on here as often as I like so its good to know if someone has replied to me so I don't look like an ignoramus.....which has already happened.

Anyone getting or not getting notifications of some kind??
  • I`ve set mine to get an email if someone sends me a message...to the one email address that doesnt push to my phone , doh! It does work , but at the moment you can`t change email address in the preferences as a side issue .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I certainly do get email notifications. I just ticked everything.

• Nope, definitely not getting any kind of notification & I have everything ticked.  Help!

I also tried to change my email address in case that was the problem but it won't let me.  
  • Cervus said:

Sartori said:

Copy -> Paste --> Post

I have tried that and all that happens is this??? :(

You`ve broken the internet , I`m having you arrested . I hear Julian Asssssange needs someone to talk to if you want to jump bail ;)
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

• I’m currently having real problems with the board.  Recently it has started to appear like this:

Spoke to my ISP and they tell me it’s a particularly virulent strain of Trojan virus whereby a site very similar to the infected URL takes over and effectively treats it as its own rather in the fashion of a parasite. Para–SITE. :-O   You couldn’t make this up if you tried. I was also told that there is no cure as such and that if I stop picking at it then it ought to heal itself. Equally it may just  get worse and explode.
    Quarantine it is then.

Post edited by softlad at 2013-06-25 21:29:18
  • So is there a way round the confirmation box on mobile mode?

Kind of hoping it would go away but hasn't so keep going into full site mode. BUT in full site mode my browser keeps quiting when there's loads of videos in thread!

On an iphone.
  • ^ Nope, that needs to be fixed ASAP but there's no way around it. Well, actually there is - you just have to scroll down a bit until you can glimpse the 'Post comment' button under the stupid popup message.
  • i would like it if links opened in a new window, not a major issue i know but i think i'd like that 
  • Me wants a delete comment button, and a moderator.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • sometimes when i want to reply to a PM it tells me i don't 'have permission'. 
  • What this place really needs...well, I won't get into that.  But, therei is something that would make the individual threads much more coherent.  Instead of a "quote" button, a "reply" button.  I don't know if anyone has been to such a site.  But, you reply to a specific comment and the comment is embedded directly below the comment addressed and the reply comment is indented (nested, if you like) to indicate which comment is being addressed (e.g. you can reply to a reply and it is indented twice).  Or, heck, maybe both a reply and a quote.  There is a completely different sense between the two types of conversations.  The quotes seem to act very much like a discussion group (i.e. a bunch of people sitting around a table), whereas the reply is more like a conversation.  Oh, also, with the reply approach, there is usually a collapse button that will make everything below the initial comment disappear.  That might be helpful for those that feel inundated with too much information (oh, cruel world!  Too much text for thine eyes!  Errr, or is it for thine scroll wheel?).
  • On your profile page there's an option for "Quote settings" on the far left where you can choose how much (or not) the system should auto-collapse older quoted quotes.

Could that be of use to you?
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • @Whickwithy I totally know what you mean. It's very similar to DISQUS commenting system: threaded vs. flat. I agree, threaded conversations make most sense, but personally, I still prefer them flat. That way, it's much easier to track people's responses. In threaded convos, it's a bit of a headache. That said, the more options, the better. Hopefully in the near future?
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!