Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
ADMIN PLEASE NOTE: Forum issues
  • 621 Comments sorted by
  • Okay, maybe this is just a "Duh!" moment for me.  But, messages that you see on your account/profile page are ths same as in your inbox.  So, they are somewhat organzied.  Facepalm.

I thought they were public profile messages. So they're like private DM's, right? Thanks for clearing that up for me.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • It sems like the search function limits its depth of search to a certain number of results.
  • Oh I can post on this thing using bloat. Phew. Ill just have to ignore the confirm your email address message ~O)
  • Admin said:

On a separate note, i'm wondering if we should give some of the super users of the previous forum some kind of moderation status, to help us keep the site tidy? Was there anything like that in the previous msg board? I'll suggest this to management. Ciao for now!

I think that's a very good idea.

Shit happens though. People get sick, or go on vacation. So I think two is a minimum and probably good too for a start.
    Both HJ and Carpy have volunteered and are my suggestion for this.
  • gst said:

Admin said:

On a separate note, i'm wondering if we should give some of the super users of the previous forum some kind of moderation status, to help us keep the site tidy? Was there anything like that in the previous msg board? I'll suggest this to management. Ciao for now!

I think that's a very good idea.
    Shit happens though. People get sick, or go on vacation. So I think two is a minimum and probably good too for a start.
    Both HJ and Carpy have volunteered and are my suggestion for this.

We need an iron fist in a velvet glove.  The smack of firm government.  Roll call 06:00 hours, cold showers and route marches.  Bring back hanging.
    Post edited by softlad at 2013-06-15 16:27:18
  • softlad said:

Bring back hanging baskets..

Corrected for you.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I think it would be helpful to have the page number list at the top, as well, as the bottom of the thread page.

Hangings.  Always a crowd pleaser!
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-06-15 17:07:43
  • Also, is there a way to sort by date (newest first)? How about display all posts vs. just 50?
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • softlad said:

Bring back hanging baskets..
    Corrected for you.

Hanging baskets - hahahaha. I was going to post a picture with that but thought better of it.

:-$  I is dzrunk.  :-h
    Post edited by softlad at 2013-06-15 18:10:40
  • can the forum pop round n fix my cupboard hinge? Ta like
  • For the love of God, someone please help me get this "You need to confirm your email address" demon message off my screen when navigating the forum on my iPod.

• Low said:

For the love of God, someone please help me get this "You need to confirm your email address" demon message off my screen when navigating the forum on my iPod.

I've suggested logging out and logging back in and, also, trying to access from a PC (and, then, back to moblie.  I would log out on the mobile first.) but never got any feedback as to whether it helped or not....
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-06-16 13:08:07
  • I don't think logging-on/off on a PC helps (good idea tho)... I regularly access here from PC and mobile, and the annoying bugger is *always* there in mob-mode. You *can* post by scrolling down just enough so the 'post' button is between the stupid msg and bottom of screen.
  • any way of making every other post a different colour? like your iTunes library?

its just all a bit difficult to read through a thread that looks like its all merged, if you know what i mean? gives me a bit of a headache.

EDIT - btw - mods I still haven't received an activation email for my account on here? i know the spam has started to come along now, i just didn't want to be deleted with the rest of it.
    Post edited by cookiee_munster at 2013-06-16 16:55:59
  • ^ It doesn't help that the line between post-and-signature is almost identical to the divider between posts.

BTW, I think you can choose to not see signatures. I've kept my setting as visible, but will make use of it if people's sig-pics start to get any bigger!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!