Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
ADMIN PLEASE NOTE: Forum issues
  • 621 Comments sorted by
  • The forum default is to sort by vote but once changed to date that is then the default for that person going forward.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Oh, right. Guess I may have clicked on 'Date' right at the start.. Well, that's one easy "fix" at least! :)
  • I put on the forum snagging list to make date the initial default!
  • 325.The pages are too long by default , its wearing out my mouse wheel 
    326.The quoting system seems to operate on a 50/50 chance basis , sometimes it`ll work , othertimes it takes the quoted text outside the blue box , sometimes it adds your text to the blue box 
    327. A maximum size to signatures , there`s a couple already taking the piss . If your sig is bigger than the whole box of a one line post - its too bloody big
    328. Separate the posts by shades of white , it doesnt look clean and futuristic and 2013 , it looks basic and 1992 , it looks a bit of a mess to me . IE use two shades of off-white (see Dulux for ideas) , posts alternate these colours to differentiate at a glance . 

"Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

325.The pages are too long by default , its wearing out my mouse wheel 

326.The quoting system seems to operate on a 50/50 chance basis , sometimes it`ll work , othertimes it takes the quoted text outside the blue box , sometimes it adds your text to the blue box 
    327. A maximum size to signatures , there`s a couple already taking the piss . If your sig is bigger than the whole box of a one line post - its too bloody big
    328. Separate the posts by shades of white , it doesnt look clean and futuristic and 2013 , it looks basic and 1992 , it looks a bit of a mess to me . IE use two shades of off-white (see Dulux for ideas) , posts alternate these colours to differentiate at a glance . 

Sartori speaks truth.
  • 329. The board has font issues , yes it does
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-19 11:54:32
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

329. The board has font issues

Maybe it was dropped as a child by the vicar?

(sorry)
  • This is a job for the Joke Police ...if I could think of a punchline ....why am I in blue ?

329. The board has font issues
    Maybe it was dropped as a child by the vicar?

(sorry)
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-19 12:00:09
  • What would be really good is to make avatar sizes a bit bigger, a more obvious line between posts so that it doesn't all merge and user profile pages. Just make it look more like a messageboard. It doesn't really have a "community" look going on at the minute.
  • folklore said:

What would be really good.....

Spookily enough I'm here just to say that I try to start my posts with a line break and end it the same way too in order to hopefully make my posts easier to read.  I'm trying to get into the habit so I don't have to go back and edit my posts so often.  A previous poster made a very good suggestion when they mentioned alternating the background colours / shades in order to differentiate posts.

Having said that, look at the large space between my text and the quote above.  Went into 'Edit' to cut out what I thought was an extra line only to find there wasn't one, it's actually meant to look like that!  Seems like too big a gap to me but hey-ho.
    Post edited by softlad at 2013-06-19 20:16:36
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:10:26
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Be nice Stranger...be nice, heehee.. :)>-
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • (removed)
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-06-28 04:10:41
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria

• I suspect not.  Best you could do I'd imagine is to reduce the amount of info volunteered by yourself on there to a bare minimum.  The amount of posts, when you joined etc all seems set in stone and accessible to all.  I don't even think you can make your profile private.  Someone else may be able to tell you different though.

• Can we have a URL field in the About section of our profiles? Thanks.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!