Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • Cervus said:

Bells said:

I spoke to my bosses yesterday and told them I'm looking for something else and updating my CV. They didn't like it because when they asked the reason I told them the truth which is lack of support from said Managers, insult of a salary and bonus for the 14 years I've been there, moral is rock bottom throughout the whole team, etc.
    They didn't like it too when I said they have not supported me one bit since my return to work after my breakdown last year. They just assumed I was back at work so all must be OK and I said that just proves they didn't bother looking at my Doctors notes! Gave me great satisfaction to tell them what I really think. Just see what happens now :-<

thathurt is sadly right.......when I returned to work after loosing Steve the head of H.R sat me down and tols me that I would have to start working weekends as there would be other people that could do the job. I pointed out that We had Alice at the weekends and as she had lost her Dad I would like to try and keep things as stable for her as possible and her response was ...'Well you can still see her in the holidays!' There was no sympathy or empathy at all.

What kind of reply is that to someone who had very recently lost their partner and has only just gone back to full time work...this was from the head of H.R who really should have known better....but then she does have to look in the mirror and see the person that she is every morning and when that person resembles Zelda from Terrahawks then that must be difficult to bear!

thats pretty shit :( i've had bad and good experiences at work with this kind of thing. one place i was at years ago were awful, a 20 year old girl died from a seizure while i gave her CPR and i had to tell her parents, work never even asked me if i was ok about stuff let alone suggest a break or anything. when it became clear i was struggling they just gave me a disciplinary saying i wasn;t doing my job properly. i went off sick for a while then handed my notice in.
    when i came back to work at the end of last year (different employer) after caring for my mum through her illness and eventual death they've been pretty good in all fairness. they moved me to a different post when i asked them to (better hours and team) and have been really accommodating of my doctors etc appointments. and from my immediate team there's been a general sense of understanding and compassion.

• jozzy81 said:

Still a bit Tee'd off.... with people who are surpost to be friends lying to , stabbing me in the back , using me the list goes on better off alone really i always see the signs when it's too late.... so i'm glad i'm on here goldfrapp friends :)

What can I say? I know that one well, it's got to the point where I literally can not trust more than about two people I know, sad, was life always like this, have people become more selfish and less caring, is was that the way it always was????

Sorry Jozzy, people can be a real let down.... :(
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • ^ its horrible when you feel let down by friends :( people ain't no good
  • Had a very narky day at work....this jumped up person from H.O came down and started throwing his weight around where it wasn't required or welcome. It isn't even his job to do so and it wound me up to the point that I had to walk away else I may not have been able to keep sch tum. He even started telling my manager what to do....things got rather heated....thankfully he did not hang around too long.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Sorry to hear that Cervus you know the phrase... "Everyone works with a nob".... It's true!
  • That must mean I am that person to quite a few people then!!!! Hahahaha :)
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • At least you have friends Cervus.  It sounds like that nob from H.O. doesn't!
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • He does but I would not trust him as far as I could throw him. I think he would stab you in the back as soon as it was turned. The daft thing is that he worked at the branch that I am at years ago and was basically rubbish but is obviously infinitely better at sucking up than I am....not that I wish to be capable of that....although that does make it rather plain to see why he is where he is and I am not...Hehehehehe :)
  • Enough with the energy, C.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Oh the energy from that was all spent yesterday during a rant between myself and my boss...she can't stand him either...Just glad I am not him. :)
  • Focus!
  • Sorry...what am I focusing on and am I to continue??? ;)
    Post edited by Cervus at 2013-08-05 02:16:11
  • Oh, nothing. Sorry.
  • I understand now. :) :) :) Thank you.
    Post edited by Cervus at 2013-08-05 02:52:33
  • Fucked off with the rude and spiteful bastards who frequent this place on here so thank you to the majority of nice people on here but I'm not going to stay on here and argue with nasty bastards who contribute nothing on here but to be shit heads and nit pick at others comments.
    It's been fun but I'm going to take my enjoyment of Goldfrapp elsewhere.
    Post edited by Hells_Bells at 2013-08-05 13:36:06

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!