Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • Started the "healthy" eating by getting a bag of mixed fruit for lunch later 8-|
  • Just had a bowl of prunes. Stress...it's a curious thing. Lol.
  • Everybody!! stand back !!!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Nervous!!! First LGBT meet up tonight :-S :(
  • Everybody!! stand back !!!

Are you saying her name should be ShatRobin instead of KatRobin?

@HB I hope you wore some incredibly intoxicating perfume and had your tits somewhat out. I mean, that's what I would do.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • ^
    This is England you know, it's too cold for getting your tits out!
    Anyway, it was a nice evening and there was about 12 men and women in the group. I was so nervous I nearly had an anxiety attack before leaving the house.
    Chatted quite a bit about general stuff like work, family, relationships etc. Been invited to their Xmas dinner so I'll see whether I go or not. I thanked them on their FB page today and they knew I was nervous and said not to worry and couple of the women said if I want to meet up before the Xmas dinner they would be glad to. Not a bad start ;)
  • Get in there HB! I'm with @Ponygurl. As Giles Brandreth always advises 'nipples leading'!
    Cold is in the mind. Just get them out ( for the Lasses of course)!
  • Yeah I suppose a string vest isn't particularly sexy :-/
  • Always found it interesting that in American fiction, a vest, as in a string vest or singlet, is referred to as a wife beater!
  • Ponygurl said:

Everybody!! stand back !!!

Are you saying her name should be ShatRobin instead of Katrobin?

as in Poonami or Shitzkrieg !
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2016-11-05 08:16:01
  • Oh boy....I've been away for a couple of days and now the Mice are playing lol! I won't be sniffy and pretend to be all British, there's nothing I like more than a good bit of smuttty / toilet humour and a discussion about bowel habits. But I think it's time to have a movement on !
  • Hey Hells.... Ignore all of the above advice....please. They are children. Blue tits are cute to see in the garden but not on a November night in Northamptonshire. Take it from me.
  • Feel a wee bit more refreshed after a brief break at my sisters. Not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow mind you :(
  • I can't even watch anything on the telly that features people talking with an American accent.

Like after the Brexit vote, the worst thing is how it shakes your view of the world. Generally, I walk around thinking most people are pretty decent, most of the time. I give a wave to the postie, have a friendly chat about the weather with the guy walking his dog, smile at the woman on the counter at the post office. We re all in it together, aren't we - all trying to make a decent life, and trying to help others do the same, when we can?

After the vote, I suddenly realise that those same people - the people who surround me, every day, everywhere - were going home to watch the news on the telly. And that when they heard Trump calling Mexicans rapists, and women whores, and David Davies calling for refugee children to have their teeth inspected to verify their age - these same people were sitting there and nodding, "Yeah, dead right! rapists! Whores! Vermin!"

And I realise that this isn't the world I thought it was.   
    Post edited by whispered at 2016-11-10 09:17:13
  • Whisper it- I know I know, bless you. I ( and thousands, millions of others like us) feel exactly the same way, you're not alone. I've hinted that there is shit happening at my workplace ( and there is) so I've been really unhappy lately. But I cling on to the fact that I do still work with a bunch of mostly wonderful good hearted and hard working people who have an enormous sense of decency and who are loyal, trustworthy and committed to The Good Side. I'm becoming unpopular where I work with a few individuals cos I keep hurling my big clumsy Union spanner into the works, but at least I'm being true to myself and standing up for my beliefs, unlike some bovine individuals ( and that could be applied to the world at large). I too would rather spend my life with dogs and other animals...plus books, art etc. that's what makes us Frappers!!!!
    My philosophy is simple ( and Nietzchean) ( thanks I know I spelt that wrong)- our time as a species on planet Earth is up. Something has to give. I'm ready to be annihilated for the sake of the planet's survival if that what our species has become. In the meantime, I can't let myself dwell....I have to build a bubble around myself and fill it with whimsical nonsense. I can only do what I can do politically as an individual. I'm terrified...millions of U.S. Are...but I have a streak of Zen running through me like a stick of rock. What will be...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!